Wealth Management - Associate Portfolio Manager
THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
Client is a boutique wealth management organization that provides high net worth individuals investment planning and services to meet their individual investment goals. The Company is an independent wealth management firm that is an approved agent of Canaccord Genuity Wealth Management. The organization is made up of a team of highly specialized professionals with financial, tax and legal expertise who combined their talents to identify and recommend wealth-planning investment opportunities for their clients.
Client wishes to attract leadership talent to strengthen its investment team in order to prevail in a highly competitive market and assist the Company in getting to the next level of growth.
Company is headquartered in Ottawa Ontario and is the leading Canadian wealth management agent of Canaccord Genuity Wealth Management.
Scope of Position
Reporting to the President & CEO, the Associate Portfolio Manager will be responsible for the prudent investment and management of Client’s high net worth individual portfolios while significantly driving and accelerating revenue and profit growth. He/she will need to possess a thorough understanding of appropriate investment opportunities and the ability to communicate these strategies. Working with the President & CEO he/she will evaluate the existing business development plan and work to determine the strategic focus and operational structure and processes to best achieve the company’s objectives. This includes providing day-to-day leadership for the investment team in developing, and implementing sales objectives and marketing strategies.
The ideal candidate is an intelligent, high energy individual with superb communication and interpersonal skills and a willingness to roll-up his/her sleeves and works with determination and energy to put Client on a path of sustainable growth. This person will need to work effectively with the President & CEO, management and employees to drive the company’s growth. The individual will have a track record of success and the ability to significantly scale and manage an investment portfolio to the next level.
Demonstrated ability to:
- Provide oversight and management of existing portfolios; Implement changes to portfolios in a systematic way; invest maturities, monitor and adjust asset mix when appropriate;
- Conduct appropriate research and due diligence on investment opportunities for high net worth individuals; provide investment recommendations to senior management.
- Create portfolios through consultations with President & CEO and analyst using Bloomberg, Thomson & CPMS research systems.
- Provide day-to-day leadership to a small, cohesive investment team
- Develop and administer rolling forecasts – quarterly, semi-annually and annually.
- Establish and streamline process and procedures that will increase efficiency and enhance profitability; implement Investment Policy decisions.
Preferred Experience / Education
The ideal candidate will possess a breadth of varied and progressive leadership experience in the provision of with the following characteristics:
- Bachelor’s degree and Level II Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) program or CIM® designation
- A minimum of 3-5 years in portfolio management
- Possess strong research, analytical and financial skills; tax expertise considered an asset.
- Work related knowledge of Advent APX & Moxy systems is considered an asset.
- Possess knowledge of Bloomberg CPMS and financial modeling techniques considered an asset.
- Understand the values and financial goals of high net worth individuals while exhibiting an entrepreneurial, client centric mindset
- Superior skills at leading a youthful team. Predisposition or ability to mentor and coach.
- Experience successfully initiating and driving change within an organization.
Remunerations and Benefits
Competitive base salary + performance based bonus + benefits package