THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
Our Client is a global leader in networked video, with expertise and a product suite that is highly specialized and designed for the business-to-business market.
Client helped revolutionize the machine vision industry by pioneering this technology and co-founding the GigE Vision® standard. The GigE Vision standard is now a globally in-demand protocol for virtually all sectors where high-performance, uncompressed video transmission is required — from applications in C-arms for image-guided surgery and LSA systems for military vehicles, to automated tolling systems on highways and quality inspection of pixels for flat-panel television screens.
Reporting to the President & CEO, Client is looking for an exceptional individual to join its management team and head up its Research and Development organization. This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic, fast growing company that specializes in interfaces and software for transmitting video and related data over Ethernet networks. Pleora is the only company that offers a complete end-to-end solution that includes interface hardware and IP packages for video sources, monitors, and processing equipment; as well as a comprehensive SDK and video server API.
Demonstrated ability to:
• Lead a world class multi-site R&D team in developing and delivering all hardware and software products and design services on-time, within budgetary targets and ensure manufacturability of product portfolio using a disciplined approach to quality management
• Work with the senior management team to develop the company’s technology, vision and strategy
• Effectively communicate the company’s overall business strategy to the R&D team to ensure alignment on objectives
• Align the R&D team’s activities & developments with the company goals and strategic direction, as well as the company’s corporate values with a focus on innovation, customers and people
• Work collaboratively with senior management, senior engineers and product management to define product roadmap
• Oversee and execute all R&D activities related to product development from concept through design to commercialization including sustaining engineering for legacy product lines
• Partner with Sales executive to identify market opportunities and product strategies to grow sales
• Work with Product Management on product life cycle, especially managing NPI and EOL
• Develop and maintain the R&D operational plan and prepare SRED tax credit technical submission
• Partner with Finance to develop and manage the R&D budget, taking into consideration changes in sales forecasts and the impact on product development plans
The ideal candidate will be capable of managing, developing and mentoring Client’s R& D team and will be expected to meet development targets on time and on budget. He/she should have the following specific industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified functional tasks:
• Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science or related discipline and additional areas of study such as Finance, Management Principles and Organizational Leadership would be an asset.
• Senior level 7-10+ years proven experience managing development teams and delivering systems to market.
• Solid understanding of engineering technical issues/needs, financial, sales, and marketing as it relates to product design and development.
• Demonstrated experience leading the design, development, delivery and support of a high performing, technically complex, reliable and robust solutions.
• Work related experience with hardware, software, FPGA’s and ASIC’s considered an asset; Experience with low cost embedded systems is also considered an asset.
• History of personal accomplishments and advancement.
• Operational and project management skills.
• Evidence of ability to develop, groom and mentor developers.
• Demonstrated team building and leadership skills.
• Experience as a senior R&D Manager in entrepreneurial small company environment.($15M to $30M)
Remuneration and Benefits
As a member of our team, you can count on a competitive salary, stock ownership plan, profit-sharing, and a benefits package that ranks among the best in the industry.