Vice President, Sales - Technology Security
THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
About the Company
Our client provides enterprise governance, risk & compliance software to many of the world’s best-managed companies. The company is the vendor of choice for Internal Audit, Compliance and Operational Risk management systems. Each product in the award-winning suite of offerings has proven itself best-in-class in terms of completeness, functional depth, ease of use and technology quality.
With world-class technology, a roster of blue-chip referenceable customers and an unparalleled team, the company is poised for explosive growth. As the firm pursues exciting new markets and opportunities it is seeking to add a Vice-President of Sales to complement its team.
Scope of the Position
Reporting to the CEO, the Vice-President Sales will assume responsibility for driving sales into large enterprise customers both in existing and emerging markets. Working closely with the executive team this will involve focusing the overall sales strategy, driving top line sales growth and managing a small yet highly dynamic sales organization.
- Work with the CEO to clarify and refine the overall sales plan and strategy consistent with the company's overall strategic objectives.
- Prioritize and rank market opportunities by market sector and directly pursue those deemed most worthwhile.
- Work closely with the lead generation and marketing organizations to ensure that their efforts are effective and aligned to the sales organization's needs.
- Lead by example, drive and support the sales organization in attaining revenue goals by market and geography.
- Provide constant feedback to the CEO on the status of all pipeline and sales activities.
- Provide feedback to engineering on market requirements and trends to ensure that technology roadmap aligns with market requirements.
- Spearhead and nurture existing and new senior level relationships with channel partners. Recommend means by which to enhance the channel's overall effectiveness.
- Work with lead customers in emerging markets providing feedback to CEO on the viability of said markets and make recommendations on investments required to effectively pursue.
- Participate as an active member of the management team, fostering an environment of high performance and co-operation.
- Support the CEO in refining a vision for the business as well as the strategic direction, including assessment of the company's existing market opportunities and competitive positioning and solutions to streamline and determine the appropriate strategic roadmap.
Key Performance Deliverables
In light of the identified responsibilities, the following are specific deliverables that the position is designed to achieve.
- Financial metrics: attainment of revenue and profitability targets to be agreed upon prior to commencement of employment.
- Building and accelerating the business derived with new and existing channel partners.
- Expansion into new vertical markets which will significantly accelerate revenue growth.
- Team leadership and cooperation at executive level.
Preferred Experience / Education
The following indicates specific industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and performance deliverables.
- The ideal candidate is a highly intelligent, strategically minded executive with superb communication and interpersonal skills, a willingness to roll-up his/her sleeves and work at a pace commensurate with the growth expected at the company.
- The individual will have a track record of success and a solid reputation for significantly driving, scaling and managing a profitable business. He/she will bring a strategic and energetic sales orientation to the Company, having spent a significant portion of his/her career succeeding in successive sales functions.
- Experience in compliance, document management, security or related enterprise software markets is a plus.
Remuneration & Benefits
Competitive base salary and variable compensation plan plus stock options.