Vice President of Sales
THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
About the Company
Client is a Software Product Development Outsourcing firm that provides software design services with on-time delivery. They have a track record for success for more than 13 years. With worldwide offices, their clients are located across North America including such names as HP, Cisco, Genband, Juniper, and Avaya.
Scope of Position
Reporting to the COO, the VP Sales will assume responsibility for creating a world-class sales organization and driving revenue growth through both existing and new customers. As a member of the executive team, your focus will be on the development of sales strategy, driving top line revenue growth and overseeing the company’s dynamic sales organization.
Client’s focus is on results. The deliverables for the role include:
• Attainment of specific revenue targets to be agreed during the initial months of employment.
• Building and driving the business growth through new and existing customers.
• Expansion into new verticals in support of client’s strategic objectives.
• Overall team leadership and fostering an environment of healthy dialogue at the executive level.
Demonstrated ability to:
• Drive, grow and deliver the sales revenues for the company
• Oversee the continuous development and motivation of client’s sales organization through effective leadership, mentorship and coaching of a highly experienced sales team.
• Grow and manage the sales pipeline and 12 month rolling sales forecast to meet or exceed the business plan.
• Develop and manage sales budgets, and provide regular updates of the company’s progress towards the achievement of stated objectives. Where necessary, directly managing strategic and critical developing client accounts, and coordinate the management of all other accounts by assigning sales territories and quotas for all sales executives on an ongoing basis.
• Be the primary advocate for the customer within the company, including being the voice of the customer across the internal departments
• Foster a close working relationship with the Vice President of Marketing to ensure continuity between the departments including the creation of an effective lead generation program.
• Provide leadership around the development and implementation of (short, medium & long term) objectives for the sales function designed at recognizing the corporate growth objectives of the company’s vision.
• Establish compensation plans (salary, commission, SPIFs & discretionary bonus’) for all sales people that are consistent and reinforce the company’s stated sales objectives.
• Develop and coordinate sales selling cycle and process & policy improvements to enhance sales revenue predictability, effectiveness and operations.
• Oversee and participate in the development of new project proposals.
• Oversee the preparation, issuance, and delivery of sales materials, exhibits, promotion programs and tradeshows.
• Establish and implement short- and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures.
• Participate as an active member of the executive management team involved in all aspects of strategy creation and implementation
• Continue to develop and grow strategic accounts providing a predictable revenue source and larger contact values from a top ten list.
The following competencies listed below define the role of Vice President – Sales
Focuses strongly on achieving agreed upon outcomes and ensures that key objectives are met; Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure; Aims to improve upon past performance; Establishes aggressive personal targets and strives to achieve them.
Applies appropriate commercial and financial principles; Understands situations in terms of costs, profits, added-value and return on investment; Appreciates the commercial impact of own work on the organization's total expenses and revenues.
Strives to provide customers/clients with personalized and efficient service; Anticipates customers'/clients' needs; Quickly follows up on customer/client contacts and complaints; Monitors and acts on measures of customer/client satisfaction.
Develops a strategic plan to realize the vision; Revises strategy in light of changing circumstances; Takes a long-term view of organizational success; Works to clarify long term organizational goals; Able to stand back from immediate problems in order to focus on more far reaching ideas.
Recognizes when change is necessary; Challenges the status quo and champions new initiatives; Acts as a catalyst to change and stimulates others to change; Develops an effective action plan to implement change and monitors results.
Coaching and Developing Others
Accurately assesses strengths and development needs of employees; Challenges others to improve their abilities and actively supports their development; Continually provides timely and constructive feedback, coaching and challenging learning opportunities; Adjusts coaching style based on each employee's ability and motivation level.
The following indicates specific industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and performance deliverables:
• Education ideally in a technical capacity – software engineering or computer programming/science ideal
• In depth knowledge of the Product Development Outsourcing PDO market or similar technology service industry experience, industry trends, competitors and leading customer strategies.
• Has run a sales organization either in NA or worldwide for a company in the 30-50M$/yr revenue size; Has shown considerable experience in hitting or exceeding targets (revenues and design opportunities funnel) – support from sales tools like Salesforce.com
• The ideal candidate is a strategically minded executive with superb communication and interpersonal skills; a willingness to roll-up his/her sleeves and works at a pace commensurate with the growth expected at the company.
• Is highly conversant with how to run a strategic account program; Has created fundamental sales strategies across different positions, geographies and segments
• Experience in strategic planning and execution. Knowledge of negotiating, and change management. Knowledge of structuring sales quota goals and revenue expectations.
• Work requires professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects. Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings.
• Still has a considerable appetite to grow business while being able to work seamlessly, inspirationally and motivationally with an engineering-biased Executive Team and a senior, highly driven Sales Team
• Bilingual (English & French), an important asset.
Remuneration and Benefits
• Competitive base salary + variable component + benefits package