Vice President Finance - Toronto / Ottawa / Montreal
Client is seeking a Vice-President Finance to become a vital part of a growing and dynamic organization. In this leadership role, you will manage an accounting and reporting department. The Vice President plans and directs all accounting operational functions, handles the accumulation and consolidation of financial data for internal and external financial statements, evaluates accounting and internal control systems, and leads departmental staff.
Client is looking for an individual who can motivate others with a positive professional attitude; is honest, reliable and a leader; and can provide outstanding client services by managing self and others with urgency, practicality and accountability. In addition, the responsibilities will include key decision making and challenging, negotiating and influencing the team. Being part of the leadership team, you will advance the production of innovative ideas that are sound and progressive, challenge the status quo, and encourage creativity in the team.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Vice-President Finance will be accountable for all aspects of the financial reporting, compliance and shared services delivery. The Vice President Finance will support the CFO in coordinating the annual strategic and business planning, modeling, and budgeting processes and will participate in Audit Committee meetings as requested by the CFO.
The Vice President Finance role will appeal to a confident, proactive, high-energy individual who thrives in a lean, high-paced, high-growth environment. He/she will recognize that this role represents a unique opportunity to build on past successes and to help drive the continued growth of a true Canadian success story. Client provides competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package, and strong opportunity for career growth.
Scope of Position:
Providing strong financial and operational stewardship for the organization:
- Financial reporting
- Coordinate reporting to the Board, Audit Committee, shareholders, lenders and other stakeholders for both the private and public entity;
- Responsible for the external financial reporting including financial statements, MD&A and investor presentation;
- Institute and maintain internal controls governing financial reporting and financial transactions allowing for timely reporting on the CEO/CFO certification;
- Coordinate the review/audit of annual financial statements;
- Maintain a strong relationship with various external auditors.
- Internal management reporting
- Oversee monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting standards and timeline;
- Review and distribute monthly financial reporting packages to the executive teams;
- Coordinate and review the quarterly forecast;
- Review the consolidated budget and draft related internal and Board presentations;
- Oversight of financial shared services
- Oversight of the centralized financial shared services department;
- Directing all aspects of accounting operations, overseeing all transactions related to general ledger, receivables, payables, payroll and financial reporting;
- Coordination and review of complex accounting transactions;
- Lead the integration of acquisitions from a financial perspective into current accounting systems;
- Identify innovative process efficiencies and take the lead in their implementation.
- Working in close collaboration with the Information Technology group
- Develop and expand business intelligence tools within the business;
- Participate in the identification and selection of the appropriate accounting and consolidation software.
- Support the CFO, in coordinating the corporate strategy and planning
- Corporate strategy;
- Planning and budgeting;
- Capital expenditure planning.
Establishes and communicates clear priorities and sense of direction; Clarifies roles and responsibilities; Adapts management style to achieve optimum results.
Generates new ideas; Challenges existing assumptions; Goes beyond the status quo; Recognizes the need for new or modified approaches; Brings various perspectives and approaches together, combining them in a creative fashion to implement effective improvements.
Articulates the key points of an argument persuasively; Negotiates skilfully and convinces others to own point of view; Directly and indirectly impacts the decisions/opinions of others; Mobilizes people into action.
Focuses strongly on achieving agreed upon outcomes and ensures that key objectives are met. Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure. Aims to improve upon past performance. Establishes aggressive personal targets and strives.
Gathers and interprets all available sources of information; Willing to make solid and quick decisions when necessary; Can commit to a course of action without delay when faced with limited information.
- Outstanding communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, both oral and written, and ability to build as well as deliver effective presentations
- Previous experience in public accounting is highly valued
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Expertise in financial reporting
- Management experience
- Public company reporting experience
- High attention to detail and possesses excellent organizational and writing skills
- Experience working in a dynamic and changing company environment a plus
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated analytical abilities, tendency to quickly connect dots and surmise logical outcomes
- Progressive accounting experience, including as a Controller preferred
- Sound written and verbal communication skills
- Prior work in technology, analytics and management experience desired
- Self-starter and strong ethical standards
- CPA preferred
Remuneration & Benefits
- Base Salary + Bonus 30%-40% of base + Participation in Management Team Incentive Plan (MTIP)
- Comprehensive group insurance plan, including health spending account, perquisite plan, car allowance and matching RRSP/pension plan
If interested, please contact:CATHERINE PAN DIRECTOR RESEARCH GROUP firstname.lastname@example.org (613) 592 4145 EXT 223