THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
About the Company
Client provides integrated solutions for mobile data capture, mobile experiential marketing and mobile/onsite marketing research for global enterprise customers.
The company’s wide range of interactive mobile data capture products includes the interactive marketing kiosk, mobile tablets and PDAs, web-based solution, and Interactive Voice Response (IVR) and CATI (Computer Assisted Telephone Interviewing). The company also offers full service Mystery Shop and On-site Operational Audit programs, bringing expertise in survey design, data analysis and reporting to traditional mystery shopping. Their technology-based survey solutions, logistical support services and on-demand reporting enable companies to improve their business performance by capturing, analyzing, reporting and acting on customer and employee feedback.
Over 250 companies, associations and government organizations across North America have enjoyed actionable survey results thanks to the many millions of surveys the company have conducted over the past 18 years. Customers are most often in the retail, food services, financial or hospitality industries.
Scope of Position
Client now seeks to add a Vice President – Customer Solutions/Development to its management team to spearhead its sales for Mystery Shopping, Merchandising (Mobile), Operational Audits and Market Research. Working closely with and reporting to the CEO, the Vice President – Customer Solutions will be responsible for developing, directing and executing Client Survey’s sales strategy based on the applicability for both the current and future product offerings. Driving top line results, the Vice President – Customer Solutions will act as Client Survey’s primary sales interface and will be responsible for sales forecast, funnel and overall sales organizational growth and structure.
Because of the mobile solutions developed by Client, an emerging business in Merchandising Services has evolved and this new position will play a critical role in the development of this line(s) of business.
Reporting to the President & CEO, the Vice President – Customer Solutions/Development will be responsible for:
• Grow Canadian sales for Merchandising (Mobile), Mystery Shopping, Operational Audits and Market Research.
• Provide consultative or solutions sales to the company’s clients and potential clients;
• Cultivate and implement sales strategies to increase sales within Canada;
• Open US market and deliver new sales
• Execute sales strategies with a sense of urgency and manage accounts to optimize sales coverage;
• Strategically think about client needs to be able to assess the situation and develop high level service solutions to meet client needs;
• Maintain a current knowledge of Retail Audit and Merchandising sector and how technology is being levered throughout the industry and potential new developments that would affect client offerings;
• Develop and implement Marketing programs for the division.
The following competencies listed below define the role of Vice President – Customer Solutions/Development
Strives to provide customers/clients with personalized and efficient service; Anticipates customers'/clients' needs; Quickly follows up on customer/client contacts and complaints; Monitors and acts on measures of customer/client satisfaction.
Focuses strongly on achieving agreed upon outcomes and ensures that key objectives are met; Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure; Aims to improve upon past performance; Establishes aggressive personal targets and strives to achieve them.
Proactive; Seizes opportunities and acts upon them immediately; Takes responsibility for own actions and addresses problems before asked.
Quickly adapts to new situations and approaches; Open to change and readily adopts new methods in the face of shifting priorities and ambiguity; Can alter own perspective and behaviour in order to adjust to changing demands and plans.
Industry & Market Awareness
Seeks to anticipate and respond to industry and market changes/challenges by understanding key characteristics, issues and the factors driving them; Aware of competitor's products, services and position.
Adopts an energetic approach; Works towards goals and willingly tackles demanding tasks; Demonstrates capacity for sustained effort and hard work over long periods of time, even in the face of adversity.
Recognizes when change is necessary; Challenges the status quo and champions new initiatives; Acts as a catalyst to change and stimulates others to change; Develops an effective action plan to implement change and monitors results.
The following indicates specific industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and performance deliverables:
• 10 years solution selling experience with a minimum of 5 years sales management experience in the Retail industry sector.
• Experience successfully selling Mystery Shopping / Operational Audit services is an asset
• A demonstrated track record and history of building and managing a solution sales oriented organization with a process based selling methodology which consistently meets or exceeds revenue targets.
• Undergraduate and post-graduate education is ideal.
• Market Research Association certification would be considered an asset.
• Technically savvy with a business understanding of P&L.
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills and strong negotiation capability.
• Experience selling within a start-up/early stage environment and exhibiting an entrepreneurial, customer-centric spirit.
Remuneration and Benefits
• Competitive base salary + variable component + stock options + benefits package