About the Company
Our client is changing how globally distributed product development and manufacturing organizations collaborate and interact with key stakeholders throughout the product development value chain.
The firm’s cloud-based Product Lifecycle Management and Product Data Management solutions simplify product development by connecting engineers, designers, project managers and suppliers in a secure, collaborative manner that accelerates product lifecycle development, thereby allowing organizations to launch products faster and more cost effectively.
Our client boasts an enviable list of high-profile global customers in aerospace, automotive, technology and entertainment, and is funded by a blue-chip group of investors. The firm is Toronto-based and is a market leader in the rapidly growing market space for cloud based comprehensive PLM/PDM systems
Poised for explosive growth and an exceptionally bright future, our client now seeks to hire a Vice President, Sales.
Scope of Position
Armed with differentiated market offerings, marquee accounts, and large addressable markets, the Vice President Sales will be responsible for developing, directing and executing the company's sales strategy for both current and future product offerings. Driving top line results, the Vice- President Sales will act as the key sales interface and will be responsible for revenue growth across all customer, geographic and product segments.
The Vice-President Sales will also be tasked with refining the sales process and channel model, and leading the sales team with a demonstrated, hands-on approach while rapidly scaling the company’s sales engine.
This is a rare and exceptional opportunity to join a dynamic and innovative company at an inflection point in its growth trajectory and to make a meaningful contribution.
Key responsibilities of the role:
- Manage, grow and motivate a global sales team
- Lead the development/refinement of sales strategies and execute the tactical implementation of the plans across the company’s entire portfolio of products including specific regional strategies.
- Establish sales metrics and KPIs and develop and implement enhanced sales processes to monitor accurate sales funnels and forecasts. Establish a repeatable sales model incorporating a strong value proposition for the different client markets and geographies.
- Establish compensation, training, and sales incentive programs.
- Take a major role in major account relationships, closing complex deals and building ongoing partnerships – lead the firm in driving growth to both ISVs and major brands
- Refine pricing policies, terms and conditions across all market segments for high-profile customers and channel partners.
- Participate in the company’s strategy planning sessions bringing forward innovative ideas and plans to bring the company to the next level.
- Assist with corporate positioning and competitive analysis, customer segment selection and penetration plans, and related product positioning.
- Where appropriate, act as a spokesperson for the company with press and analysts and at industry events.
- Identify new product opportunities and contribute to the overall development of product roadmaps for the organization as well as the pricing and positioning of new products in the marketplace.
Deliverables In light of the identified responsibilities, the following are specific deliverables that the position is designed to achieve.
- Specific measures of performance will be discussed and agreed upon with the successful candidate.
The following competencies listed below define the role of Vice President, Sales:
Focuses strongly on achieving agreed upon outcomes and ensures that key objectives are met. Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure. Aims to improve upon past performance. Establishes aggressive personal targets and strives to achieve them.
Planning & Objective
Setting Systematic in approach to work. Produces action plans in which objectives are defined and steps for achieving them are clearly specified. Plans by breaking down large task into subtasks. Develops plans that anticipate obstacles. Is realistic about time-scales and builds
in appropriate checkpoints, milestones and controls in order to ensure that desired results are realized.
Strives to provide customers/clients with personalized and efficient service. Anticipates customers'/clients' needs. Quickly follows up on customer/client contacts and complaints. Monitors and acts on measures of customer/client satisfaction.
People Management / Leadership
Natural leadership capability. A demonstrated ability to get exceptional results from people. A leadership style that makes people want to work for them and to out-perform their objectives and growth beyond their dreams. Establishes and communicates clear priorities and sense of direction. Clarifies roles and responsibilities. Adapts management style to achieve optimum results.
Helps to create a sense of team spirit and harmonious relations through cooperation and support. Balances personal goals with those of the team. Fosters collaboration among team members.
Develops a strategic plan to realize the vision. Revises strategy in light of changing circumstances. Takes a long-term view of organizational success. Works to clarify long term organizational goals. Able to stand back from immediate problems in order to focus on more far reaching ideas.
Proactive Seizes opportunities and acts upon them immediately. Takes responsibility for own actions and addresses problems before asked.
Integrity & Sincerity
Inspires trust and supports others through own authenticity and following up on commitments. Maintains high ethical standards both personally and professionally. Shows consistency among principles.
Demonstrated ability to sense situations and pivot the sales approach to take advantage of the potential opportunity or market Capability to communicate passionately and effectively to small and large audiences
Demonstrates critical technical or professional knowledge/skills related to the role. Has thorough knowledge of relevant products, services and methods. Expands technical knowledge/skills and keeps up-to-date in own area of expertise.
Preferred Experience / Education
The following indicates specific industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and performance deliverables.
- 15+ years building and leading high-performing revenue organizations focused on driving consistent, aggressive revenue growth.
- A driving management style that leverages the strengths of the team while stretching and motivating them in attaining breakthrough results.
- Proven track record of success selling complex mid-market and large enterprise solutions to technical users. Demonstrable experience earning the trust, respect and confidence of the appropriate customer community.
- Experience defining and successfully executing multi-channel marketing and lead generation programs, while creating and negotiating value-enhancing strategic partnerships.
- Analytical by nature and a data-driven approach to establishing effective pricing strategies combined with an ability to leverage company financials to adjust strategy as required.
- A strategic thinker with an exceptional track record of success in fast-growing, founder-led entrepreneurial environments. A clear vision of what the customer experience should be with an ability to rally teams around it.
- A team player with a ‘bias for action’ and a proactive, ‘own it, solve it’ mindset who can navigate through complex global organizations to make the sale. Competitive by nature, a burning desire to win with an ability to lead from the front and by example.
- Proven track record of success working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, the successful candidate brings experience selling a ‘disruptive/challenger solution’ across a range of industries.
Remuneration & Benefits
- Highly competitive base, variable and equity package for the successful candidate.
If interested, please contact
StoneWood Group, Toronto
Bus: 416-365-9494 Ext. 233
StoneWood Group, Toronto
Bus: 416-365-9494 Ext. 229