Venture Financing - Partner - Ontario
THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
About the Company
Our client is one of Canada's top financial services company specializing in venture lending solutions to high technology companies. The firm was founded three years ago by experienced entrepreneurs, venture capital partners and investors. With its popularity and national footprint growing rapidly, the firm has already provided well over $25 million in financings to over 100 companies across Canada.
Scope of Position
Our client is seeking a dynamic individual to lead its business in Ontario. The successful candidate will be responsible for growing the company’s portfolio and all aspects of managing client relationships in Canada's largest and most robust market.
- Source, evaluate, and negotiate attractive loans for the organization
- Manage funding transaction including preparation and tracking of documents, interfacing with legal counsel, and tracking accounting
- Build the company’s brand in Ontario to be the premiere venture debt funding company
- Oversee portfolio companies in region.
- Enhance current ties while developing new networks to venture capital funds, accountants, lawyers, intermediaries and other industry stakeholders for deal sourcing, as well as adding credibility to the team.
- Together with the other partners ensure that investments/loans are made consistent with the firm’s strategy
- Manage risk on portfolio
- Assist in fundraising efforts, as required.
- As required, provide general strategic and financial advice, for both the firm and portfolio companies
Key Performance Deliverables
In light of the identified responsibilities, the following are specific deliverables that the position is designed to achieve.
- A specific set of KPIs will be discussed and agreed upon with the successful candidate.
The following competencies listed below define the role of Partner, Ontario at our client -
Industry & Market Awareness
Seeks to anticipate and respond to industry and market changes/challenges by understanding key characteristics, issues and the factors driving them. Aware of competitor's products, services and position.
Applies appropriate commercial and financial principles. Understands situations in terms of costs, profits, added-value and return on investment. Appreciates the commercial impact of own work on the organization's total expenses and revenues.
Proactive. Seizes opportunities and acts upon them immediately. Takes responsibility for own actions and addresses problems before asked.
Consults widely for business or technical advice, probes for facts and obtains information from a wide variety of sources. Differentiates the critical from the irrelevant or trivial.
Expresses and conveys confidence in own ability to complete tasks successfully. Displays personal resolve in the face of opposition. Seeks challenges and independence.
Helps to create a sense of team spirit and harmonious relations through cooperation and support. Balances personal goals with those of the team. Fosters collaboration among team members.
Articulates the key points of an argument persuasively. Negotiates skillfully and convinces others to own point of view. Directly and indirectly impacts the decisions/opinions of others. Mobilizes people into action.
Focuses strongly on achieving agreed upon outcomes and ensures that key objectives are met. Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure. Aims to improve upon past performance. Establishes aggressive personal targets and strives to achieve them.
Preferred Experience / Education
The following indicates specific industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and performance deliverables.
- Excellent customer engagement ability
- Understanding of corporate cost of capital and financing economics
- The ideal candidate is currently involved in the technology finance sector with a minimum of 5 years experience, well connected in the community and possess excellent client management skills.
- Ability to accurately and precisely determine financial, operational and people risks
- Comfortable with technology industry sector
- Clear thinker
- Ability to effectively convey value propositions
- Excellent listener
- Organized and process-oriented
- MBA and technology degree preferred
Remuneration & Benefits
- Base plus attractive variable package