Utility - Vice President, Financial Planning & Analysis, GTA
About the Company
Our client, is a leading infrastructure developer and operator with a diverse portfolio of assets across North America.
Scope of Position
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Vice President, Financial Planning & Analysis (‘VP, FP&A’) will have oversight of all forecasting and analytical processes, and shall support all business operations and strategic growth initiatives. S/He will lead the Company`s annual budgeting process, long term financial forecasting process, quarterly re-forecast, monthly, quarterly and annual variance analysis as well as special projects as assigned from time to time.
The successful candidate will provide financial consulting and strategic support to senior management including preparing board presentations, executive and senior management financial presentations, capital expenditure analysis, industry/peer group comparisons, and other projects requested by senior management.
This function acts as the analytical engine of the Company to provide insights to support optimal business decision making.
The VP, FP&A will have very high visibility and influence across the organization, working closely with all members of the executive team, including the Chief Executive Officer.
- Lead and manage the continued development of Management Reporting Systems, Annual Budgeting Systems, Multi-Year Strategic Plan Financial Forecasts
- Prepare relevant quarterly and monthly financial reports and analysis for all levels of management
- Analyze current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, operating expenses and capital expenditures
- Monitor performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of variance
- Support FP&A team engagement and provide coaching and supervision to a team with varying levels of backgrounds and experience from Financial Analyst to Director
- Implement and work with Business Intelligence Tools and Dashboard reports
- Prepare ad-hoc reporting and analysis
- Analyze complex financial information and reports to provide accurate and timely financial recommendations to management for decision making purposes
- Prepare presentations to Board of Directors and senior management team
Preferred Experience / Education
The following indicates specific industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and performance deliverables.
- 10+ years’ experience in a financial planning and analysis role with increasing responsibility;
- Experience with financial planning, budgeting and analysis in large complex organizations (>$5 billion as a guide)
- Experience in working with large budgeting tools (not Excel) such as Clarity, Hyperian Financial Management, SAP or other similar software solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business
- CPA/CA required
- Strong leadership skills required
- Proven ability to work independently and cross-functionally to drive projects to completion
- History of leading cross-functional and distributed teams
- Must be able to organize and inspire teams to achieve high levels of performance
- Ability to promote innovative ideas and accept the risks that are required to lead change
- Ability to achieve broadly communicated objectives with a minimal amount of supervision
- Ability to make decisions independently and to assume higher-level leadership responsibilities in critical situations
- Proven ability to make data-driven recommendations with limited amount of information
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency and enact change quickly
Skills & Abilities
- Advanced Excel skills; proficient with Word and PowerPoint
- Experience with Tier one budgeting and forecasting tools
- Strong quantitative analysis and financial modeling skills
- Advanced understanding of financial statements
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Solid business acumen with ability to think strategically about business issues
- Ability to meet deadlines and work efficiently with multiple and conflicting priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation and inter-personal skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to motivate without direct supervisor role
- Effective consultative and influencing approach, with proven ability to work effectively with all organizational levels
Remuneration & Benefits
- Competitive and innovative compensation package which will be discussed with serious candidates
For more information, please contact
StoneWood Group, Toronto
Bus: 416-365-9494 Ext. 233