THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
About the Company
Our client offers mobile software solutions to the global smartphone market across various mobile operating systems. Through its in-house patented mobile applications, our client provides mobile vendors and operators with critical added value while transforming the end-user experience.
Scope of Position
Our client boasts fast-growing core markets, a myriad of new emerging market opportunities, a dedicated global team and a committed owner.
Our client seeks a strategically focused and goal oriented CEO to join the company, to shepherd it through its next phase of corporate growth.
It is expected the successful candidate will spend a considerable amount of time in Cairo, especially in the first 1-2 years.
Key Performance Deliverables
In light of the identified responsibilities, the following are specific deliverables that the position is designed to achieve.
• Specific performance measure will be discussed and agreed upon with the successful incumbent. These will include metrics around profitability, growth, efficiencies, growth, and employee satisfaction.
• Provide up-to-date information on the Company’s key performance indicators and maintain a strong relationship with new and current clients.
• Remain abreast of the industry, competitors and trends with a view to ensuring that all product development, acquisition, alliance, and divestiture opportunities are considered and the most attractive pursued.
• Oversee the day-to-day operations of the company to ensure the timely implementation and execution of the business and financial plans.
• Build and provide direction, performance management and developmental support to the executive team. Focus the executive team to accelerate and drive the growth in revenues, sector leadership, and profitability.
• Continuously refine the vision for the business and set the strategic direction. Activities will include, focusing the company’s market plans, competitive positioning, partner strategies overall strategic roadmap. This roadmap must be focused, dynamic in nature and incorporate the appropriate business model over time.
Preferred Experience / Education
The following indicates specific industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and performance deliverables.
• Proven entrepreneurial experience, with appropriate financial, market and business acumen in scaling businesses to the next level of sustainable growth.
• Experience successfully managing small mobile software enterprises in the $0-20mm range, with significant revenue/profit growth over a reasonably short period of time.
• Strong sales/marketing track record in the global smartphone/handset and carrier market. A sense of urgency and a demonstrable track record of accelerating revenue growth in an early stage organization.
• Experienced/proven track record selling internationally and specifically to GSM operators in APAC and the Middle East would be a definite asset.
• The successful candidate will possess a strong technical background.