Telecommunications – Director, Sales
About Our Client
Client is a customer-centric organization dedicated to providing the highest quality cloud-based business VoIP communications solutions to Canadian customers. Trusted by clients and partners across the country, our Client is an award-winning company that has raised the bar with superior, cost-effective technology, and Canadian-based support. Founded in the early 2000s, they have grown from a local Ottawa start-up to a leader in Canadian business communications with a global presence including North America, Asia, Europe and LATAM.
Scope of Position
Our client is a high-growth Canadian Company that is seeking an ambitious and experienced executive to lead the Company’s sales team. Reporting to the President, the Director of Sales is an accomplished leader possessing exceptional skills and experience in sales and management.
The successful candidate will lead the Sales organization and serve as an integral member of the senior management team. Our ideal candidate is excited to join a well-funded and fast-moving organization looking to plan for the next stage of growth. The candidate will also have extensive experience in understanding and managing a SaaS based sales process that includes established teams of business development, inside and outside sales representatives and partnerships.
Demonstrated ability to:
- Effectively lead a sales development representative (SDR) team, sales managers and outside sales staff in an established SaaS oriented sales model.
- Work with Data and Revenue Operations and Marketing teams to build, manage and execute both new and existing campaigns.
- Develop plans and strategies for evangelizing and developing business to achieve the company’s revenue and profit objectives.
- Develop a close working relationship with the management team to help evolve the sales strategy and customer relationships.
- Assist in the corporate budget planning process, specifically in sales forecasting and sales pipeline management and as a member of the leadership team.
- Prepare timely reports and analytical metrics allowing the monitoring and appraisal of sales programs and efforts.
Preferred Experience and Education
The following indicates specific industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and performance deliverables.
- Post-Secondary degree or diploma preferably in business or equivalent, with 10 years of sales experience.
- Five to ten years in business-to-business sales leadership roles in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
- Proven track record of revenue growth through direct (via the use of sales development representatives), partnerships and channel sales.
- Proven sales management and operational management experience contributing to the success of a similar size business.
- Expert knowledge of Outbound Digital Sales Tools (Linkedin, etc)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential, as well as effective organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritization skills.
- Experience in the VOIP/Telecommunication, SaaS or recurring revenue business models is considered an added benefit.
The following competencies listed below define the role of Director of Sales.
Focuses strongly on achieving agreed upon outcomes and ensures that key objectives are met. Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure. Aims to improve upon past performance. Establishes aggressive personal targets and strives to achieve them.
Applies appropriate commercial and financial principles; Understands situations in terms of costs, profits, added-value and return on investment; Appreciates the commercial impact of own work on the organization's total expenses and revenues.
Develops a strategic plan to realize the vision; Revises strategy in light of changing circumstances; Takes a long-term view of organizational success; Works to clarify long term organizational goals; Able to stand back from immediate problems in order to focus on more far reaching ideas.
Planning and Objective Setting
Systematic in approach to work; Produces action plans in which objectives are defined and steps for achieving them are clearly specified; Plans by breaking down large task into subtasks; Develops plans that anticipate obstacles; Is realistic about time-scales and builds in appropriate checkpoints, milestones and controls in order to ensure that desired results are realized.
Remuneration and Benefits
Competitive salary and bonus structure commensurate with experience.
If interested, please contact:CATHERINE PAN DIRECTOR RESEARCH GROUP email@example.com (613) 592 4145 EXT 223