Technology - VP Data Insights and Conversion
THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
About the company
Our client is a content engagement platform technology company that is poised to be the leader in a rapidly growing and dynamic market place. Venture backed and led by a very experienced CEO, the company has experienced tremendous growth since its inception and has a long list of Fortune 500 clients. The company’s flagship product helps its clients engage with their customers online by enabling them to deliver timely content that is highly relevant and more effective than traditional online advertising and sales channels.
Scope of Position
Reporting to the President & CEO, the VP Data Insights and Conversion will provide leadership in guiding the growth of our client’s business through the development, implementation, and execution of strategies to drive online viral growth by deepening its clients’ online engagement.
Curious by nature and boasting a broad range of online engagement and optimization skills and experience, including, SEO, data analytics, A/B testing, KissMetrics, Optimizely, Google Analytics, Hadoop, Hive, the VP Data Insights and Conversion will identify and implement creative and cost effective solutions to drive meaningful and measurable user growth for our client.
Leading a small team of 5-7 product coders and product managers this role will appeal to individuals that are not satisfied with just ‘hitting-their-numbers’, but are driven to set new standards of performance in this emerging and exciting online field of ‘marketing’.
The VP Data Insights and Conversion will utilize their well-developed skills and experience in marketing, development and data analytics in the following areas:
- Relentless focus on user acquisition, conversion rates, analytics and continuous testing
- Proven technical, marketing, and product capabilities
- Experience querying, collecting, and deeply analyzing data
- Ability to go end to end designing, building, measuring, analyzing, and iterating with a combination of user intuition and deep analytics
- Ability to build, evaluate, implement, test, and measure growth initiatives from start to finish
- Identify potential creative channels for user growth and aggressively develop them
- Analyze and report growth success to the management team
Key Performance Deliverables
In light of the identified responsibilities, the following are specific deliverables that the position is designed to achieve.
- To be agreed upon
The following competencies listed below define the role of VP Data Insights and Conversion:
Demonstrates critical technical or professional knowledge/skills related to the role. Has thorough knowledge of relevant products, services and methods. Expands technical knowledge/skills and keeps up-to-date in own area of expertise.
Expresses ideas in a clear, fluent and concise manner. Written and oral arguments are compelling and responsive to the needs of the audience. Comprehends communications from others and responds appropriately.
Articulates the key points of an argument persuasively. Negotiates skillfully and convinces others to own point of view. Directly and indirectly impacts the decisions/opinions of others. Mobilizes people into action.
Draws parallels across situations and contexts. Divides problems into their individual elements. Develops several explanations or alternatives. Separates the core of a problem from its symptoms and can identify cause and effect.
Preferred Experience / Education
The following indicates specific industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and performance deliverables.
- A University or College Degree/Diploma.
- Lead a cross-functional team responsible for helping drive user growth through online experimentation and prototyping.
- Work with engineering, design and the rest of the product team to execute initiatives.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with customers, project teams, and other members of a management team and a demonstrated track record of building solid relationships with decision makers.
- Highly engaged individual with demonstrated ability to lead with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Experience in brainstorming and executing creative growth strategies
- Solid understanding of technology, preferably with some coding skills and/or understanding of coding and testing concepts.
- Experience and track record of driving massive user growth at online start-ups.
- An equally creative and analytical approach to problem solving.
Remuneration & Benefits
- Highly competitive, industry-leading package comprised of base salary, and performance bonus.