Technology - Vice-President Customer Care - Canada
THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
About the Company
Our client is a well-established publicly traded Canadian software solutions provider. Their unparalleled solutions are based on their advanced proven technologies and feature-rich application suite and can be deployed as an integrated suite or as stand-alone components. Our client boasts over 500 customers spread over North America, Europe and Latin America. The firm is profitable and continues to grow.
Scope of Position
The VP of Customer Care is responsible for ensuring that the company’s customers derive the maximum value from their products and services. The VP leads the customer support and advanced technical services organizations, and is responsible for the firm's overall maintenance revenues. He or she serves as an advocate for the firm's customers and their concerns in the executive management team.
- Providing excellent support to customers, building long term relationships with them along the way.
- Growing the firm's customer support business, ensuring they meet maintenance revenue and other KPI targets.
- Developing the skills, capabilities, responsiveness and effectiveness of the firm's customer support and technical services organizations.
- Collaborating with the firm's products and implementation services organizations to provide a single, effective support channel to customers.
- Ensuring that the group boasts best practices in its approach, structure, and metrics. Ensure that a culture of proactive excellence defines the group.
- Helping customers avail themselves of the firm's products and services.
- Continually seeking new support offerings to provide increased value to the firm's clients while driving increased revenues
Key Performance Deliverables
In light of the identified responsibilities, the following are specific deliverables that the position is designed to achieve.
- Specific performance measures will be discussed and agreed upon with the successful candidate.
The following competencies listed below define the role of - Vice-President Customer Support at our client
Develops a strategic plan to realize the vision. Revises strategy in light of changing circumstances. Takes a long-term view of organizational success. Works to clarify long term organizational goals. Able to stand back from immediate problems in order to focus on more far reaching ideas.
Applies appropriate commercial and financial principles. Understands situations in terms of costs, profits, added-value and return on investment. Appreciates the commercial impact of own work on the organization's total expenses and revenues.
Strives to provide customers/clients with personalized and efficient service. Anticipates customers'/clients' needs. Quickly follows up on customer/client contacts and complaints. Monitors and acts on measures of customer/client satisfaction.
Focuses strongly on achieving agreed upon outcomes and ensures that key objectives are met. Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure. Aims to improve upon past performance. Establishes aggressive personal targets and strives to achieve them.
Strives for excellence in products, processes and/or services through continued evaluation, enhancement and redefinition of quality standards.
Recognizes when change is necessary. Challenges the status quo and champions new initiatives. Acts as a catalyst to change and stimulates others to change. Develops an effective action plan to implement change and monitors results.
Developing & Coaching Others
Accurately assesses strengths and development needs of employees. Challenges others to improve their abilities and actively supports their development. Continually provides timely and constructive feedback, coaching and challenging learning opportunities. Adjusts coaching style based on each employee's ability and motivation level.
Industry & Market Awareness
Seeks to anticipate and respond to industry and market changes/challenges by understanding key characteristics, issues and the factors driving them. Aware of competitor's products, services and position.
Helps to create a sense of team spirit and harmonious relations through cooperation and support. Balances personal goals with those of the team. Fosters collaboration among team members.
Demonstrates critical technical or professional knowledge/skills related to the role. Has thorough knowledge of relevant products, services and methods. Expands technical knowledge/skills and keeps up-to-date in own area of expertise.
Preferred Experience / Education
The following indicates specific industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and performance deliverables.
- Executive level product support management experience in the software industry
- Experience within mid-sized software company concerns dealing with issues of scaling and growth.
- 10 years + experience in the software or technology sector
- Solid experience managing a P&L
Remuneration and Benefits
- Highly competitive compensation package for the successful candidate.