Technology - Vice President, Sales
THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
About the Company
Founded in 2004, our client has designed the world’s first nonintrusive
and award winning network appliance simplifying archiving, indexing, retrieval and
dynamic monitoring of corporate email and messaging data. Company’s latest solution
launched in 2014 sets a new standard for the industry with its cCore hardware and ergo
software to form an integrated solution that is simple, secure and scalable, offering absolute
control of confidential messaging data whether it is email, attachments or instant messaging.
Our client is rapidly moving towards offering a unified solution for governance of electronically
stored information as organizations of all sizes struggle with the unprecedented and growing
usage of unstructured information sharing through social media and enterprise collaboration
tools. Our client is positioning itself to be a first mover in this growing area of governance and eDiscovery.
Scope of Position
Reporting to the CEO, and assuming a critical position on the management team, the Vice
President, Sales will be responsible for developing, directing and executing sales
strategy for current and future product offerings. Driving top line results, the Vice-President,
Sales will act as company’s primary sales interface and will be responsible for revenue
growth across all customer, geographic and product segments.
In addition, the Vice-President, Sales will be tasked with refining the sales processes and
channel models, all while leading the sales team in rapidly scaling the company’s sales
- Lead and generate direct and channel sales, with a focus on large enterprise customers (companies with over 1,000 employees)
- Hire, develop and build a high-performance sales team, able to meet or exceed
- Company's business goals and budget objectives
- Monitor and analyse sales costs and manage activities and deals aggressively toprotect gross margins assigned to the products
- Refine and enhance all sales processes for direct and third party channel sales
- Motivate, monitor and provide day-to-day management of the sales team, leadingthem to achieve monthly, quarterly and annual revenue goals
Key Performance DeliverablesIn light of the identified responsibilities, the following are specific deliverables that the
position is designed to achieve.
- Achieve personal and team quotas for net new customers acquired
- Talent management --- moving 'C' salespeople out and investing in 'A' salespeople
- Hit customer churn targets for reducing lost customer to under 15% annually
- Fill the sales pipeline with well-qualified and 'winable' opportunities
- Aggressively manage sales expenses
The following competencies listed below define the role of Vice President, Sales at
Focuses strongly on achieving agreed upon outcomes and ensures that key objectives
are met. Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure. Aims to improve upon
past performance. Establishes aggressive personal targets and strives to achieve them.
Adopts an energetic approach. Works towards goals and willingly tackles demanding
tasks. Demonstrates capacity for sustained effort and hard work over long periods of
time, even in the face of adversity.
Integrity & Sincerity
Inspires trust and supports others through own authenticity and following up on
commitments. Maintains high ethical standards both personally and professionally.
Shows consistency among principles.
Generates new ideas. Challenges existing assumptions. Goes beyond the status quo.
Recognizes the need for new or modified approaches. Brings various perspectives and
approaches together, combining them in a creative fashion to implement effective
Proactive. Seizes opportunities and acts upon them immediately. Takes responsibility for
own actions and addresses problems before asked.
Industry & Market Awareness
Seeks to anticipate and respond to industry and market changes/challenges by
understanding key characteristics, issues and the factors driving them. Aware of
competitor's products, services and position.
Encourages others by creating enthusiasm, a feeling of investment and a desire to excel.
Inspires a healthy attitude to work by recognizing positive contributions.
Helps to create a sense of team spirit and harmonious relations through cooperation and
support. Balances personal goals with those of the team. Fosters collaboration among
Remuneration & Benefits
The following indicates specific industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications
that are important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and