Technology Company - Vice President, Sales – Ottawa
THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
About the Company
Our Client is a leading developer and manufacturer of high performance digital cameras and custom imaging solutions. Client's products and solutions are distributed through OEMs, systems integrators, and distributors, and are used worldwide in a diverse range of industrial, scientific, and security applications. Headquartered in Ottawa, and is a diversified industrial company on the S&P 500 index, that produces engineered products for global niche markets.
Based in Ottawa and reporting to the President, the Vice President, Sales is responsible for driving continued predictable, profitable, global sales growth, to meet or exceed the company's business objectives, with a keen emphasis on operating profit and margin targets. As an Executive team member, the VP, Sales is a key contributor to the company's strategic and operational plans, and actively leads and participates in their implementation.
Directly or through the leadership of his/her team:
- Delivers annual and monthly global sales forecasts and results, which meet or exceed defined profitability targets
- Fills a reliable sales pipeline and manages a backlog, through driving the development and implementation of optimized, sales, business development, and distribution strategies
- Is directly engaged in growing existing accounts and projects, and further increasing Client's market footprint, by qualifying, and profitably converting new opportunities
- Leads, builds, and mentors a highly motivated sales team, including developing and managing their compensation, training, and incentive plans, working closely with HR and Finance
- Champions major opportunities through business reviews to ensure the company's financial objectives are met or exceeded
- Partners with Marketing to ensure lead generation and promotional programs, and sales tools and training are developed to support the company's channels
- Works with the Customer Service team to ensure continued high customer satisfaction levels
- Ensures business intelligence is collected, disseminated, and acted upon and provides market feedback to support the company's product roadmap and program
- Refines existing, and introduces new, sales processes and systems to help fulfill the corporate objectives
- Represents Client as a company spokesperson to maintain and further enhance the Company's world class brand
- Helps drive the development and communication of company strategic plans, and the creation, execution, and evaluation of corresponding operational plans
- Further fosters Client's strong corporate culture
Preferred Education and Experience
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive, sales experience in a channel-oriented, hardware-based, technology business, with at least 5 years of sales management experience
- Successfully led a sales organization of >$40M/yr revenues with substantial US-based focus
- Has played a leadership role in growing a midsized company
- Demonstrated track record of growing global sales through channels including OEMs, systems integrators and distributors
- Results-oriented, hands-on, adaptable style coupled with a willingness to learn
- Experience in the high performance camera value chain, in industrial, scientific, and/or surveillance applications is a major asset
Location and Travel
This position is based at Client's corporate headquarters in Ottawa, Canada. Business trips to visit Client's team, partners, and clients represent an approximate 30% travel commitment.