MMB NETWORKS INC. - CEO
THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.About the Company
The Connected Home is one of the fastest growing and most exciting markets for a wide range of products and services — from innovative consumer electronics, to powerful services for security, automation, and energy management.
MMB Networks has played a key role in enabling the Connected Home with our wireless hardware and software platform, RapidConnect. RapidConnect has allowed MMB’s consumer electronics OEM customers to easily add smart, connected layers to their products, and to connect those products to a wide variety of Home Automation and Smart Energy platforms. MMB’s customers range from innovative consumer product start-ups, to Fortune 500 OEMs, to major telcos and platform vendors. This validation has played a key role in securing blue chip investors who have provided funding necessary to complete the development of MMB’s next-generation platform, secure new customers, and pursue larger opportunities.
MMB is leveraging its industry-leading capabilities in enabling devices and bridging protocols to create an extremely flexible connected home platform. The company is currently in negotiations to build and support this connected home platform and ecosystem with a major retailer; a multi-million dollar opportunity that would significantly accelerate the trajectory of the company.
Scope of Position
Founded by a young and talented team with deep technical and market knowledge, MMB is now looking to bring on an experienced and talented CEO who will be tasked with leveraging the company’s positive momentum, drive and accelerate revenue and profit growth, and secure new opportunities for the company’s platform with major partners.
- Work with members of senior management and the board of directors to review, refine and re-develop (if necessary) the strategic and operating plan aimed at committing the organization to driving revenues, profits and continued market leadership.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the company to ensure the timely implementation and execution of the business and financial plans.
- Provide ongoing direction, performance management and developmental support to the executive team. Add management as required to build world-class capabilities. Focus the executive team to accelerate and drive the growth in revenues, sector leadership and profitability.
- Spearhead and nurture existing and new senior level relationships with OEMs, channel partners and end-users. Of particular importance will be identifying and securing new OEM relationships which will significantly leverage the company's capabilities.
- Identify and secure vertical market opportunities which will leverage the company's capabilities into value-added, high potential markets.
- Participate as a member of the Board of Directors, providing up-to-date information on the Company's key performance indicators and maintaining a strong relationship with new and current investors.
- Remain abreast of the industry, competitors and trends with a view to ensuring that all alliance, acquisition and divestiture opportunities are considered and the most attractive pursued.
- Establish a vision for the business and set the strategic direction. This includes assessing the company's existing market opportunities and competitive positioning and solutions to streamline and determine the appropriate strategic roadmap. This roadmap must be focused, dynamic in nature and incorporate the appropriate business model and exit considerations over time.
Key Performance Deliverables
In light of the identified responsibilities, the following are specific deliverables that the position is designed to achieve.
To be agreed upon with the successful candidate upon joining the company.
The following competencies listed below define the role of CEO at MMB NETWORKS INC.
Adopts an energetic approach. Works towards goals and willingly tackles demanding tasks. Demonstrates capacity for sustained effort and hard work over long periods of time, even in the face of adversity.
Develops a strategic plan to realize the vision. Revises strategy in light of changing circumstances. Takes a long-term view of organizational success. Works to clarify long term organizational goals. Able to stand back from immediate problems in order to focus on more far reaching ideas.
Applies appropriate commercial and financial principles. Understands situations in terms of costs, profits, added-value and return on investment. Appreciates the commercial impact of own work on the organization's total expenses and revenues.
Helps to create a sense of team spirit and harmonious relations through cooperation and support. Balances personal goals with those of the team. Fosters collaboration among team members.
Planning & Objective Setting
Systematic in approach to work. Produces action plans in which objectives are defined and steps for achieving them are clearly specified. Plans by breaking down large task into subtasks. Develops plans that anticipate obstacles. Is realistic about time-scales and builds in appropriate checkpoints, milestones and controls in order to ensure that desired results are realized.
Focuses strongly on achieving agreed upon outcomes and ensures that key objectives are met. Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure. Aims to improve upon past performance. Establishes aggressive personal targets and strives to achieve them.
Developing & Coaching Others
Accurately assesses strengths and development needs of employees. Challenges others to improve their abilities and actively supports their development. Continually provides timely and constructive feedback, coaching and challenging learning opportunities. Adjusts coaching style based on each employee's ability and motivation level.
Articulates the key points of an argument persuasively. Negotiates skillfully and convinces others to own point of view. Directly and indirectly impacts the decisions/opinions of others. Mobilizes people into action.
Preferred Experience / Education
- Experience working in highly entrepreneurial, fast-paced and demanding environments; A sense of urgency and a demonstrable track record of accelerating revenue growth in an early stage VC backed organization.
- Minimum of 15 years experience in a senior leadership capacity and at least five years in a CEO/President/COO role with specific revenue growth mandate.
- A driving management style which leverages the strengths of the existing team while stretching and motivating them in attaining breakthrough results.
- Experience working with VC funded companies with a track record of raising follow-on financing as required.
- A highly intelligent, strategically minded executive with superb communication and interpersonal skills and a willingness to roll-up his/her sleeves.
- Strong business development/sales/marketing orientation along with established relationships and a track record of ‘doing deals’ with OEMs, large retailers, carriers and MSOs and home automation and security vendors.