Technology - Director, Managed and Professional Services
About the Company
Our client is a leading provider of technology solutions for business, government, education and healthcare. Established in 2003, the company is a wholly owned subsidiary of an $18bb per year publicly traded, U.S. based multi-national.
With more than 900 employees in Canada, our client helps customers achieve their goals by delivering integrated technology solutions and services that include security, cloud, data centre, networking, collaboration and digital transformation. The firm reduces the risk, cost and complexity of procuring, deploying and integrating technology internationally. By combining local knowledge with true expertise in international logistics, the firm delivers consistent, service-driven solutions to local and international customers.
Our client’s commitment to gender diversity as well as the recruiting and retaining of female talent, led to it being named one of the Best Companies for Women in 2019. The award is determined by anonymous reviews from female coworkers who evaluate their overall job satisfaction, the level of equal treatment at their workplace and whether they would recommend the company to other women. The firm was also recently lauded in a Glassdoor rating of best companies to work for.
Scope of Position
Reporting to the Vice-President and General Manager, the Director/Vice-President, Managed and Professional Services is the key leader responsible for operations and delivery of our client’s Services, including Field Services, Managed Services and Professional Services.
They will be responsible for delivering quality execution, supporting scale and managing profitable growth, while maintaining a highly motivated and skilled workforce (team size of 150). The leader will ensure engaged customers and secure re-occurring and recurring revenues for the company.
Key responsibilities of the role:
- Participate as an engaged, open, collaborative and committed member of the senior management team; Contribute to and support initiatives and strategies.
- Develop and manage the services budget including developing methods and criteria to report on effective profit and loss of all services that flow through the organization.
- Position the company as a quality and expert leader in integrated services delivery in the markets the company is present, through design, operations, ongoing run and adoption services.
- Maintain strong relationships with the sales organization to develop predictability in the services pipeline and resource investment.
- Unlock and create trust in the company’s services quality, strategy and organization in customers, partners and sellers.
- Represent the company as a voice of authority in the IT services industry, demonstrating the firm’s position as a services quality and expertise leader.
- Provide active support for M&A processes where a Managed and Professional Services Delivery element is meaningful.
- Drive a culture of commercial acumen based on partnership with sales, technical expertise and a service ethos across functions, to ensure empathy for seller, partner and customer.
- Own strategy for co-worker technology, consulting and services expertise through any combination of co-worker development plans and management plans.
- Guide and mentor the leadership team to execute and manage robust standards for select services which will support scale to thousands of repeatable engagements with limited customization.
- Support the centralized Services function to support the process of product and service design and maintain the lifecycle of company integrated services.
- Support ongoing productivity initiatives, striving for continual efficiencies and opportunities to support quality and scalability through automation.
- Deliver growth metrics, deliver to capital allocation strategy and deliver to productivity expectations.
- Build, train, motivate and evaluate team responsible for sustaining the service level of the professional services/implementation team. Build and maintain trust.
Key Performance Deliverables
In light of the identified responsibilities, the following are specific deliverables that the position is designed to achieve.
- Specific measures of performance will be discussed and agreed upon with the successful candidate.
The following competencies listed below define the role of Director/Vice President Managed and Professional Services:
Focuses strongly on achieving agreed upon outcomes and ensures that key objectives are met. Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure. Aims to improve upon past performance. Establishes aggressive personal targets and strives to achieve them.
Planning & Objective Setting
Systematic in approach to work. Produces action plans in which objectives are defined and steps for achieving them are clearly specified. Plans by breaking down large task into subtasks. Develops plans that anticipate obstacles. Is realistic about time-scales and builds in appropriate checkpoints, milestones and controls in order to ensure that desired results are realized.
Strives to provide customers/clients with personalized and efficient service. Anticipates customers'/clients' needs. Quickly follows up on customer/client contacts and complaints. Monitors and acts on measures of customer/client satisfaction.
Applies appropriate commercial and financial principles. Understands situations in terms of costs, profits, added-value and return on investment. Appreciates the commercial impact of own work on the organization's total expenses and revenues.
Helps to create a sense of team spirit and harmonious relations through cooperation and support. Balances personal goals with those of the team. Fosters collaboration among team members.
Develops a strategic plan to realize the vision. Revises strategy in light of changing circumstances. Takes a long-term view of organizational success. Works to clarify long term organizational goals. Able to stand back from immediate problems in order to focus on more far reaching ideas.
Demonstrates critical technical or professional knowledge/skills related to the role. Has thorough knowledge of relevant products, services and methods. Expands technical knowledge/skills and keeps up-to-date in own area of expertise.
Preferred Experience / Education
The following indicates specific industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and performance deliverables.
- 10+ years of experience in operating, designing or selling IT services and solutions;
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- A proven track record of leading software/solutions professional service organizations; planning, design, and execution; leadership and successful execution of complex IT implementation projects, and achievement of business goals.
- Proven capability in strategic planning and change management
- Must be able to communicate effectively and in a constructive manner with management, peers and coworkers
- Sense of urgency and maniacal concern for customer satisfaction
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills, including consulting skills
- Management of profit / loss for a division/team. Ability to understand and analyze financial statements. Demonstrated ability to turn financial statements into operating financial models
- Proven track record of generating revenues through alliance partnerships
- Must have established previous contacts with partners and customers
- Ability to work independently and create results
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, leadership skills, and ability to drive for results
- Proven ability to proactively collaborate and build relationships, take initiative, and creatively problem solve
- Ability to balance multiple priorities simultaneously and adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines
- Solid attention to detail and a penchant for accuracy
- Ability to work collaboratively and thrive in a fast-paced, high growth environment
- Ability to coordinate business plans, goals and activities with both internal and external senior stakeholders
- Leadership and effective cross-functional/matrix management skills
- Strategic planning and program management abilities.
- Possesses product/technology/industry knowledge as well as broad understanding of complex customer environments
- Innovative, forward-thinking leader, able to anticipate/plan for future
- Proven track record of developing, retaining world class talent
- Strong communication skills (Customer and Executive interface)
Remuneration & Benefits
- Highly competitive base, variable and equity package for the successful candidate.