THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
About the Company
Our Client is a market leader in the point-to-multipoint distribution of broadband multimedia content over satellite. Publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange.
Client has been first to market with a range of innovative products and solutions for content management and content distribution, which includes digital cinema, 3D live events, radio broadcast, syndicated television, IPTV, digital satellite news gathering, sports contribution, interactive distance learning, digital signage, among others.
Headquartered in Ottawa, Canada.
Scope of Position
Reporting to the President & Chief Executive Officer (CEO), this bias for action Chief Operating Officer (COO) is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the Company. This will include all aspects associated with Manufacturing, Project Management, Customer Support, Product Development and Sales.
• Participate as an open, engaged and committed member of the Executive Team in the formulation and execution of the corporate vision, strategy and business objectives
• Direct or delegate the development of operational policy, procedures and practices, both short and long term, as they pertain to customer service, quality control, product development, project management and sales;
• Management of a low volume high cost manufacturing environment with the ability to adjust solution quickly to support customer requirements.
• Understand and apply efficient and cost effective operations knowledge and practice and, to sustain a profitable day to day business operations that enable service delivery which meets or exceeds customer expectation;
• Develop and execute a strategy that drives excellence across the operational organizations, leveraging best-of-class processes, technology and team members to meet and exceed customer expectations as measured by output and efficiency;
• In collaboration with the CEO, CTO and Product Management, define and execute the product roadmap;
• Participate in Business Case and Business Plan Definitions and reviews;
• Attend and present at Board meetings
• Ensure operational milestones are met on time, with high quality and that they meet the cost objectives that are established; reporting on a monthly as well as a quarterly basis.
• Ensure effective management of Customer Support technical escalations to resolve customer issues;
• Create and sustain a viable organizational structure to make optimum use of human resources, technology and systems;
• Build and facilitate the development of strong relationships and synergies with all other areas of the company and with the company’s technical partners and customers in order to achieve the corporate goals, objectives and revenue targets.
• Manage independent R&D centers of excellence providing guidance and direction in support of immediate customer demands and longer term product direction.
• Manage the ongoing sales activity including pipeline activity, proposal preparation along with the support of the sales organization in Europe, Asia and the Americas.
• Foster a culture of team spirit and innovation into the longer and short-term operations of the organizations
Preferred Experience / Education
The following indicates specific industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and performance deliverables.
• A degree in or the equivalent to: B.SC Electrical Engineering and B.SC Computer Science.
• A minimum of 12+ years experience in the Telecom Industry; experience in Satellite, communications/content management, IPTV or Broadcast technology is considered an asset.
• Entrepreneurial experience in scaling a company from $25M to $100M and understanding the issues around delivering standard products and customized integrated solutions to large enterprise customers and service providers.
• Experience leading change
• Experience in International markets, system integration, manufacturing (outsourcing) and project management;
• General management experience overseeing engineering, operations and sales; Strong sales and product management background would be beneficial
• Possess the skill and experience in due diligence, acquisition, consolidation and integration of business operations.
• Understanding operational issues associated with product development and system integration where teams are geographically dispersed.
• Experience managing a global presence for sales, engineering and customer support including outsourcing resources.
• Experience in implementing best practices in operations, quality systems, and engineering in an environment where customer demand is the predominant theme.
• A track record of success distinguished by having cultivated positive working relationships with staff, peers and superiors.