Tech Company - Chief Financial Officer
About the company
Our client is the leading technology and service platform provider for digital evidence capture, management and AI processing of enterprise media. Our client’s solution can be onboarded at any stage of an organization's digitization, from the capture of digital content from video and audio devices through to online collaboration, mobility, data analytics and AI processing to mine evidence archives. With industry leading security standards, our client’s solution meets the highest international standards for digital cybersecurity and privacy, including military and medical regulations.
Used in more than 20 countries with tens of thousands of users across government and private agencies including law enforcement, immigration, medical, legal, insurance, courts, and transcription service providers.
Scope of Position
Based in Toronto and reporting to the CEO, the CFO will be responsible for overseeing all financial matters of the company and reporting on such matters in a timely and accurate fashion to the executive management team and Board of Directors.
Act as a key business partner to the CEO and the operating team providing financial guidance and counsel on all matters relating to the finance function including strategic business planning, budgeting and forecasting, business analysis, tax planning and corporate growth strategies. Take ownership for results along with the management team.
- Provide hands-on leadership, guidance, mentorship and performance management to the finance staff in the organization.
- Ensure that finance organization is structured and sized, so as to be optimally aligned to the needs of the business.
- Working with and supporting the CEO with all ongoing fundraising activities while managing the company’s cash effectively.
- Oversee and manage the accounting, tax, insurance, budget, credit and treasury and capital structure functions ensuring that the interests of all stakeholders are served.
- Manage relationship with audit firm for annual audit/income tax activities and all related matters.
- Leverage a detailed understanding of 'what's driving the numbers' to act as a key strategic and operational contributor to the overall growth of the business.
- Ensure appropriate internal controls are developed and in place for the benefit of all stakeholders and the more efficient operation of the business.
- Serve as a champion for enterprise excellence and the maximizing of value creation.
- Working with the CEO lead all investor relations activities with a view to accurately and positively represent the company in the public and financial marketplaces. Ensuring all stakeholders including lenders and financial institutions are kept up to date on all relevant financial matters in a timely manner.
- Ensure compliance to securities, statutory and regulatory reporting requirements.
- Remain informed about the business, put measurements and reporting dashboards into place enabling real time assessment of performance and 'what's over the horizon'.
The following competencies listed below define the role of the Chief Financial Officer
Applies appropriate commercial and financial principles. Understands situations in terms of costs, profits, added-value and return on investment. Appreciates the commercial impact of own work on the organization's total expenses and revenues.
Focuses strongly on achieving agreed upon outcomes and ensures that key objectives are met. Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure. Aims to improve upon past performance. Establishes aggressive personal targets and strives to achieve them.
Develops a strategic plan to realize the vision. Revises strategy in light of changing circumstances. Takes a long-term view of organizational success. Works to clarify long term organizational goals. Able to stand back from immediate problems in order to focus on more far reaching ideas.
Industry & Market Awareness
Seeks to anticipate and respond to industry and market changes/challenges by understanding key characteristics, issues and the factors driving them. Aware of competitor's products, services and position.
Helps to create a sense of team spirit and harmonious relations through cooperation and support. Balances personal goals with those of the team. Fosters collaboration among team members.
Planning & Objective Setting
Systematic in approach to work. Produces action plans in which objectives are defined and steps for achieving them are clearly specified. Plans by breaking down large task into subtasks. Develops plans that anticipate obstacles. Is realistic about time-scales and builds in appropriate checkpoints, milestones and controls in order to ensure that desired results are realized.
Able to effectively communicate the strategy and the vision to internal and external stakeholders and to the wider investment community. Able to anticipate the audience and use appropriate communication to further strategic and financial goals.
Preferred Experience / Education
The following indicates specific industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and performance deliverables.
- A minimum of 10-15 years of senior financial management experience, with prior experience in a senior finance role with a publicly traded company.
- Experience managing a finance department and directing all the activities involved in the financial stewardship of a publicly traded company.
- Previous public company fundraising experience is strongly preferred.
- Experience in negotiations with customers, suppliers and distribution partners, investors and debtors, etc
- A hands-on, ‘roll up your sleeves’ orientation, along with experience working in fast-paced, dynamic and early-stage technology companies.
- Experience with acquisitions and their integration, strategic alliances and positioning in a hyper growth environment.
- Experience with operations across multiple foreign jurisdictions
- Effective communicator and team player – ability to communicate the strategy and vision to stakeholders and the wider financial marketplace. Prior IR experience in both Canada and the US capital markets is highly valued.
Remuneration & Benefits
- Highly competitive base salary, variable and stock plan.
If interested, please contact:
StoneWood Group, Toronto
Bus: 416-365-9494 Ext. 233