Talent Acquisition Lead - North America
About the Company
Our client is a Canadian, employee-owned multidisciplinary professional services firm that delivers a comprehensive range of technical and strategic services, including consulting, information technology, engineering, process development, project and construction management to the Mining, Metallurgical, Energy, and Infrastructure sectors. The firm has served clients for over 80 years and has project experience in more than 150 countries around the world. With over 10,000 people in over 65 offices, the firm has more than $35 billion in projects currently under management.
Our client is widely recognized for its ability to bridge the gaps between research and innovative technologies, and between engineering and reliable operations. The firm is particularly known for working with senior client management to develop business strategies; managing and optimizing production; executing projects that involve the scale-up of process technologies; and managing start-ups, commissioning and ramp-ups.
Our client delivers unprecedented business results for its clients through a commitment to quality, lower operating costs, more efficient utilization of capital assets, higher standards for safety and risk management, faster start-ups and continuous performance improvements in all projects and programs.
Scope of Position
Our client is currently seeking a highly accomplished individual to refine and drive its Talent Acquisition function in North America.
The role will be responsible for the Talent Acquisition team and function across North America driving a world-class recruitment organization with the overall goal to hire exceptional talent. The successful candidate is most comfortable operating in an entrepreneurial organization where they have significant influence on the success of the business. They are a focused, top performer in their current role and have a strong track record of coaching and developing exceptional recruitment teams as well as rolling up their sleeves to source candidates themselves. They possess a unique blend of HR technical skills, business savvy, exceptional relationship building skills and a genuine passion for supporting internal clients and their team.
The successful candidate is a hands-on, motivated leader who has both the confidence and ability to develop strong relationships with internal clients, external vendors, and candidates alike. The individual thrives working in a fast-paced, matrixed environment and has an orientation towards working collaboratively, taking initiative and driving initiatives forward.
- Providing consultative full cycle recruitment services and advice on advertising, sourcing and selection methods, interview and negotiation methodology.
- Creating a culture within the Talent Acquisition Team that supports process improvement, increased efficiency and cost effectiveness.
- Play an active role as a member of global Talent Acquisition practice, contributing to strategy development, automation and leading global initiatives where appropriate.
- Establish and maintain talent market expertise including comprehensive view of industry trends and competitors, innovative recruiting techniques, provide expertise in market insights and talent landscape across the company's diverse sectors.
- Expand on and implement key resourcing metrics like time to fill, quality of hire, diverse hires, and candidate experience to drive desired business outcomes.
- Support a diverse and inclusive culture and workforce, and ensure compliance with American and Canadian laws, regulations and company policies.
- Conduct regular meetings with hiring managers to review strategic, North American hiring needs, recruiting activities, and applicant pipeline development plans – adapting as required to the changing needs of the business.
- Work closely with Marketing to create unique branding, attraction and recruitment strategies including online presence.
- Enhance candidate experience by establishing and maintaining consistent feedback loop for candidates.
- Empower the Talent Acquisition Team through regular coaching and engagement practices by sharing industry trends, market intelligence, and best practices.
Key Performance Deliverables
In light of the identified responsibilities, the following are specific deliverables that the position is designed to achieve.
- Specific performance measures will be discussed with and agreed upon with the successful candidate.
The following competencies listed below define the role of Talent Acquisition Lead, North America:
Develops a strategic plan to realize the vision. Revises strategy in light of changing circumstances. Takes a long-term view of organizational success. Works to clarify long term organizational goals. Able to stand back from immediate problems in order to focus on more far reaching ideas.
Articulates the key points of an argument persuasively. Negotiates skillfully and convinces others to own point of view. Directly and indirectly impacts the decisions/opinions of others. Mobilizes people into action.
Applies appropriate commercial and financial principles; Understands situations in terms of costs, profits, added and return on investment; Appreciates the commercial impact of own work on the organization’s total expenses and revenues.
Proactive. Seizes opportunities and acts upon them immediately. Takes responsibility for own actions and addresses problems before asked.
Incorporates information about the organization's structure and protocol into decisions. Attentive to the internal politics and alert to shifting interpersonal dynamics. Establishes the necessary support networks and cross-functional relationships through rapport building. Recognizes, maintains and effectively balances the interests and needs of one's own group with those of the broader organization.
Stays Calm and controlled under pressure; Maintains a consistent level of activity and performance when placed in tense situations
Draws parallels across situations and contexts; Divides problems into their individual elements; Develops several explanations or alternatives; Separates the core of a problem from its symptoms and can identify cause and effect.
Quickly adapts to new situations and approaches; Open to change and readily adopts new methods in the face of shifting priorities and ambiguity; Can alter own perspective and behavior in order to adjust to changing demands and plans.
Preferred Experience / Education
The following indicates specific industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and performance deliverables:
- Solid recruiting history preferably working in an internal role within a professional services organization
- University Degree, preferably with a focus in Human Resources Management.
- Extensive recruitment experience working in partnership with senior business leaders to fill critical organizational roles using various sourcing techniques and methods.
- Experience with full recruiting lifecycle inclusive of delivering talent pipelines while leveraging social media and other emerging methods.
- Experience with strategies for ramping up quickly for remote projects, for both work in view and existing, including remote locations.
- Ability to drive strategy, and to work with data and analytics.
- Demonstrated focus on quality, organizational effectiveness and continuous development and improvement of systems & processes.
- Strong working knowledge of E-Recruiting systems and principles, and the discipline to use them (LinkedIn Recruiter, online recruitment, SuccessFactors and advanced MS Office).
- Experience related to social media, employment branding and selection.
- Demonstrated experience managing a team of professionals in multiple locations.
- Promote company brand in the marketplace by actively pursuing and aligning to industry groups, networks and associations and developing prospect/target lists.
- Excellent influencing, relationship building, client focus, organization and prioritization skills.
- Bilingualism (French would be an asset)
Remuneration & Benefits
- Highly competitive, unique compensation package to the successful candidate
If interested, please contact:
|Bob Hebert StoneWood Group, Toronto Bus: 416-365-9494 Ext. 777 Mob: 416-889-9494 firstname.lastname@example.org|