Software - VP Sales & Business Development
THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
Client helps top retailers compete and win in an increasingly price transparent environment by actively monitoring millions of products from hundreds of retailer websites and delivers price intelligence for exact and similar matched products with unprecedented accuracy. Client's customer base of "brick & mortar", e-commerce, and multichannel retailers accounts for over $US100 billion in annual retail sales. Client's customers gain real-time visibility into the market and full awareness of the competitive pricing landscape to "right price" to consumers.
Scope of Position
The VP of Sales and Business Development reports to the CEO and is a member of the company’s executive team. He/she is responsible for the strategic direction and execution of all of the company’s direct and indirect sales and business development efforts. The VP of Sales and Business Development will drive the company’s achievement of its booking and revenue goals, including customer retention and renewal, customer acquisition, up-selling and cross-selling. The VP of Sales and Business Development will participate in ensuring a positive work environment consistent with corporate values.
- Develop plans and strategies for developing business to achieve the company’s aggressive revenue and profit objectives.
- Lead and develop the sales and business development team, operations and resources.
- Define and oversee incentive programs that support the attainment of company sales objectives, and motivate the sales team to achieve their individual sales targets.
- Define and coordinate sales training programs that enable staff to achieve their potential, ensuring outstanding consultative selling abilities and excellent interpersonal skills with executive level customers and partners.
- Develop, establish, and direct channel and distribution strategies and programs.
- Work closely and cooperatively with the VP Marketing & Product Management to execute lead programs.
- Develop a close working relationship with Product Management to help evolve the product strategy and direction based on market and customer developments.
- Manage the overall sales process, set and manage appropriate metrics for sales funnel management. Provide detailed and accurate sales forecasting.
- Assist in the corporate budget planning process, specifically in sales forecasting and sales pipeline management. As a member of the executive leadership team, be the lead on driving the top line, and share in achieving the bottom line objectives.
- Define and implement infrastructure and systems to support the success of the sales function. Oversee the management CRM system and the integration of the system with other areas/systems in the company.
- Be a role model for the company culture.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues and staff to create a results-driven, team-oriented environment.
- 15+ years sales experience, with 5+ years SaaS sales experience selling to the retail, manufacturing and/or CPG industries, and at least 3 years in a senior management role.
- A versatile player-coach, able to lead and develop a team of experienced direct sales and business development representatives, be comfortable overseeing an inside sales team, and be able and willing to directly manage relationships with large accounts.
- Large enterprise sales experience in sales cycles of three to six months and an average deal size of $100K to $500K per sale.
- Experience scaling an inside operation to sell to mid-sized businesses with a 30 to 60 day sales cycle and average deal size in the $25K to $50K range.
- Work related experience with a company growing revenues from $1M to $25M+.
- Demonstrated ability to present to executive levels of Fortune 500 companies;
- Established contacts and relationships with potential customers and channel partners.
- Commitment to exceed customer expectations and contribute to a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Ability to plan and manage at both the strategic and operational levels.
- Experience in choosing, deploying and using marketing and sales applications, including salesforce.com.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work in a dynamic, fast-paced setting.
- Proven ability to work well under pressure and handle stress personally and professionally.
- Experience and proven ability to collaborate as a remote member of an executive team, and as the leader of a remote sales and business development team