Software - Vice-President Services - Canada
THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
About the Company
Our client is a very successful Canadian-based enterprise software company. Profitable and growing the company serves a large and prestigious international roster of corporations cutting across several vertical markets. The firm's unparalleled breadth of products and custom solutions are made possible by its uncompromising commitment to innovation and engineering excellence.The firm boasts a seasoned and proven executive team committed to the long term independence and success.
Scope of Position
Reporting to the CEO, the Vice-President Professional Services will be responsible for all delivery, services and customer specific software development.The Vice-President will drive overall professional services strategy, business development, and execution. The position will also be responsible for the P&L targets for this segment of the business.
- Participates as an engaged, open and committed member of the Senior Management Team (SMT); contributes to and supports final SMT initiatives and strategies.
- Develops and manages the services budget including developing methods and criteria to report on effective profit and loss of all services that flow through the organization.
- Focuses on evaluating, motivating and sustaining the service level of the professional services team by building and maintaining trust.
- Ensures processes, policies, procedures and manuals are developed to help professional services team build future capacity.
- Develops, monitors, and acts upon appropriate customer satisfaction metrics.
- Develops a comprehensive portfolio of commercial value added professional services that are complementary to the product portfolio.
- Proactively assesses big picture issues with professional services team and clients and develops custom solutions as needed.
- Ensures services are well defined and articulated technically and commercially.
- Develops service's commercial terms and conditions in partnership with the Legal department.
- Establishes a global capability to deliver and manage these services in order to provide consistency of definition and execution in each of the geographies the firm currently operates.
- Communicates and promotes service sales through the utilization of product and sales management.
- Ensures scalability of these services in scope, geography and volume by recruiting, developing and retaining high energy, experienced employees.
- Works with key stakeholders to help develop client-specific solutions as appropriate.
- Responsible for building an organization to replicate the success of winning and supporting existing large project business working closely with all key stakeholders.
- Manages the bid management process by leading teams to respond to all major Requests for Proposal (RFP) and Requests for Information (RFI) documents with commercial and technical information, ensuring that the responses exceed those of our competition and portray our product and service offering in the best of light.
- Develops service related sales support and bid management tools as appropriate for sales and sales engineering in the field.
- Responsible for prioritizing and making decisions for the execution of all projects and providing the Project Management team with the tools and methodology to effectively deliver these projects.
Key Performance Deliverables
In light of the identified responsibilities, the following are specific deliverables that the position is designed to achieve.
- Specific measures of performance will be discussed with and agreed upon with the successful candidate.
The following competencies listed below define the role of Vice - President Services at Confidential -
Focuses strongly on achieving agreed upon outcomes and ensures that key objectives are met. Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure. Aims to improve upon past performance. Establishes aggressive personal targets and strives to achieve them.
Applies appropriate commercial and financial principles. Understands situations in terms of costs, profits, added-value and return on investment. Appreciates the commercial impact of own work on the organization's total expenses and revenues.
Strives to provide customers/clients with personalized and efficient service. Anticipates customers'/clients' needs. Quickly follows up on customer/client contacts and complaints. Monitors and acts on measures of customer/client satisfaction.
Planning & Objective Setting
Systematic in approach to work. Produces action plans in which objectives are defined and steps for achieving them are clearly specified. Plans by breaking down large task into subtasks. Develops plans that anticipate obstacles. Is realistic about time-scales and builds in appropriate checkpoints, milestones and controls in order to ensure that desired results are realized.
Establishes and communicates clear priorities and sense of direction. Clarifies roles and responsibilities. Adapts management style to achieve optimum results.
Develops a strategic plan to realize the vision. Revises strategy in light of changing circumstances. Takes a long-term view of organizational success. Works to clarify long term organizational goals. Able to stand back from immediate problems in order to focus on more far reaching ideas.
Draws parallels across situations and contexts. Divides problems into their individual elements. Develops several explanations or alternatives. Separates the core of a problem from its symptoms and can identify cause and effect.
Industry & Market Awareness
Seeks to anticipate and respond to industry and market changes/challenges by understanding key characteristics, issues and the factors driving them. Aware of competitor's products, services and position.
Preferred Experience / Education
The following indicates specific industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and performance deliverables.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent, preferably in a technical or engineering discipline. Masters degree considered an asset.
- 10 - 15 years work experience with a majority spent in services roles such as professional services, major projects, software development etc. At least 5 years in leadership role(s)
- Significant experience in delivering software services and liaising with major multi-national clients and partners
- Experience with responding to and supporting large RFIs and RFPs
- Experience in people management roles with recruitment, selection, hiring, coaching, feedback, employee engagement, and performance management.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to plan, prioritize and organize effectively and to make sound, logical decisions
- Passion for customer service, building processes and developing an organization that will exceed customers expectations
- Strong functional business process, team development and quality assurance experience
- Strong commercial awareness having worked in a financially motivated delivery role
- Experience in software development environments using modern development methodologies such as Agile
- Strong customer facing skills
Remuneration & Benefits
- Highly competitive base, variable and stock plan for the successful candidate