Software - Vice-President, Marketing
THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
About the Company
Our Client is the largest real estate software company in North America in its sector. The firm’s products provide customers with the vital tools to thrive in today’s highly competitive and fast-changing market. They also serve as a blueprint to drive their customers’ businesses, from infrastructure to user experience and ultimately a healthy, profitable enterprise – all backed by their family’s commitment to client success. Thousands of customers utilize their feature rich, fully integrated windows and web based software solutions.
Our Client continues to grow rapidly and its investment in people, innovation, and acquisitions, promises to fuel significantly more growth. Meanwhile, the firm’s commitment to the well-being of its employees, customer satisfaction and trust-based relationships is steadfast and unwavering. The combination promises to maintain them as the undisputed leader of the pack.
Our Client’s company is headquartered in Southern Ontario. The firm is well established, profitable, privately owned and backed by one of the most successful, software focused private equity firms in the world.
Scope of Position
Due to the success and growth of the company, our client is currently seeking a VP of Marketing, to be based in their head office location. Reporting to the Chief Revenue Officer, the VP of Marketing will be responsible for planning and executing high-impact, strategic marketing programs to promote the firm’s unmatched software solutions. This position will also be responsible for managing the execution of digital marketing campaigns and lead/demand generation strategy, to support new demand and pipeline conversion.
- Evaluate, develop, direct and execute effective marketing plans and strategies consistent with the company's overall strategic objectives.
- Provide ongoing direction, performance management and developmental support of the marketing team in all functional areas. Focus the marketing team to drive the business to increased revenue generation, growth, sector leadership, and ultimately profitability;
- Develop and execute a strategic marketing plan that results in substantial revenue growth for the organization, and continues to build equity in the company’s brand
- Partner with Sales to drive effective prospecting through vertical and role specific sales enablement campaigns
- Implement and execute a robust demand generation and lead nurturing engine, resulting in qualified leads and opportunities that translate to top-line revenue growth
- Own and maintain the annual marketing plan and budget
- Remain abreast of competitive offerings, best practices, pricing and distribution strategies. Make recommendations to ensure positioning of existing technologies is optimized
Key Performance Deliverables
In light of the identified responsibilities, the following are deliverables that the position is designed to achieve.
- Specific performance measures will be agreed upon with the successful candidate. Corporate measures include bookings, revenues and profitability.
The following competencies listed below define the role of VP, Marketing
Focuses strongly on achieving agreed upon outcomes and ensures that key objectives are met. Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure. Aims to improve upon past performance. Establishes aggressive personal targets and strives to achieve them.
Develops a strategic plan to realize the vision. Revises strategy in light of changing circumstances. Takes a long-term view of organizational success. Works to clarify long term organizational goals. Able to stand back from immediate problems in order to focus on more far reaching ideas.
Establishes and communicates clear priorities and sense of direction. Clarifies roles and responsibilities. Adapts management style to achieve optimum results.
Planning & Objective Setting
Systematic in approach to work. Produces action plans in which objectives are defined and steps for achieving them are clearly specified. Plans by breaking down large task into subtasks. Develops plans that anticipate obstacles. Is realistic about time-scales and builds in appropriate checkpoints, milestones and controls in order to ensure that desired results are realized.
Expresses ideas in a clear, fluent and concise manner. Written and oral arguments are compelling and responsive to the needs of the audience. Comprehends communications from others and responds appropriately.
Strives to provide customers/clients with personalized and efficient service. Anticipates customers'/clients' needs. Quickly follows up on customer/client contacts and complaints. Monitors and acts on measures of customer/client satisfaction.
Helps to create a sense of team spirit and harmonious relations through cooperation and support. Balances personal goals with those of the team. Fosters collaboration among team members.
Proactive. Seizes opportunities and acts upon them immediately. Takes responsibility for own actions and addresses problems before asked.
Generates new ideas. Challenges existing assumptions. Goes beyond the status quo. Recognizes the need for new or modified approaches. Brings various perspectives and approaches together, combining them in a creative fashion to implement effective improvements.
Preferred Experience / Education
The following indicates specific industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and performance deliverables.
- Proven experience developing lead / demand generation program & strategies for a B2B software or software-related company
- Several examples of having successfully lead and carried out the Go-to-Market Software Product Launches
- At least 5 years’ experience managing the strategic development and execution of marketing activities in a software environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, or related field required; MBA, preferred
- Knowledgeable with cloud-based software solutions
- Have solid experience with lead generation and digital marketing campaigns
- Possess strong leadership and interpersonal skills; able to work with all levels of internal staff, clients and prospective clients
- Exhibit strong project management, planning and budgeting skills
- Excellent in written and verbal communication skills; strong presentation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Project)
- Familiar with Salesforce.com and Marketo
- Highly detail-oriented
- Able to work on multiple projects and deliverables simultaneously
- Capable of handling confidential client and company information
- A self-starter with ability to work with minimal supervision
- Possess a strong sense of urgency and ownership over projects and deliverables
Remuneration & Benefits
Highly competitive compensation package structured to the needs of the successful candidate.