SOFTWARE - VICE PRESIDENT SALES
THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
About the Company
Our client is a software company offering integrated intelligent video management solutions for security surveillance and business intelligence applications. The company is a global leader in intelligent video technology and is propelling the adoption of video analytics as an integral component of video management solutions. Our client’s products are based on innovative, open technologies that provide customers with a single platform for migrating from analog video to intelligent IP video solutions.
Our client is a venture backed, Canadian-based company headquartered in Waterloo, Ontario. It is recognized by industry analysts, resellers, and end-customers for its product innovation and commitment to excellence. The firm's solutions are sold through distributors and certified partners in over 90 countries. In addition the firm's software is embedded is the solutions or major integrators and OEMs.
Scope of Position
Our client’s growth results in the need for an experienced sales leader for a globally distributed team of sales and pre-sales professionals. This role reports directly to the CEO, with quarterly updates to the Board of Directors. Part of the challenge/objective of this role is to help the company grow to the next level in the company’s evolution while implementing processes and procedures that maximize skills of the current team. This is an excellent opportunity to join a young growing company and make a significant impact on the future of the organization.
- Own company top line performance and growth. Continually refine and execute effective sales plans that will lead to consistent achievement of monthly, quarterly and yearly sales targets for net new business, along with client expansion and retention
- Track, analyze and report key pipeline, opportunity, forecast, and sales productivity metrics and distill insights to improve sales strategies and tactics
- Participate in the company’s strategy planning sessions bringing forward innovative ideas and plans in an attempt to bring the company to the next level
- Refine sales metrics and KPIs while developing and implement enhanced sales processes to monitor accurate sales funnels and forecasts. These should be appropriate to the company's size while being able to scale with the company.
- Evaluate the entire sales organization and oversee any required re-assignment of resources and the hiring of new personnel, with the objective of developing a high-performance sales organization, appropriate for the company’s maturity/size
- As key contributor of executive team, willingness to share and challenge ideas
- Manage administrative aspects of the role including territory alignment, compensation planning, performance management, recruiting, on-boarding, virtual-benching, etc.
- Manage distributor relationships
- Maintain and enhance existing customer relationships while developing strategies for expanding the company’s customer base
- Develop pricing policies, including volume discounts and terms and conditions, for high-profile customers and channel partners
- Where appropriate, act as a spokesperson for the company with press and analysts and at industry events
- Evaluate and improve current strategic alliance agreements, as well as Identify and develop new strategic alliances, and enable the channels to close/grow new major customer accounts
Key Performance Deliverables
In light of the identified responsibilities, the following are specific deliverables that the position is designed to achieve.
- Specific measures of performance will be discussed and agreed upon with the successful candidate.
The following competencies listed below define the role of - Vice President Sales.
Focuses strongly on achieving agreed upon outcomes and ensures that key objectives are met. Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure. Aims to improve upon past performance. Establishes aggressive personal targets and strives to achieve them.
Strives to provide customers/clients with personalized and efficient service. Anticipates customers'/clients' needs. Quickly follows up on customer/client contacts and complaints. Monitors and acts on measures of customer/client satisfaction.
Develops a strategic plan to realize the vision. Revises strategy in light of changing circumstances. Takes a long-term view of organizational success. Works to clarify long term organizational goals. Able to stand back from immediate problems in order to focus on more far reaching ideas.
Developing & Coaching Others
Accurately assesses strengths and development needs of employees. Challenges others to improve their abilities and actively supports their development. Continually provides timely and constructive feedback, coaching and challenging learning opportunities. Adjusts coaching style based on each employee's ability and motivation level.
Preferred Experience / Education
The following indicates specific industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and performance deliverables.
- Superior relationship building and nurturing skills and ability to influence others stakeholders within the company
- 10+ years in high tech industry, preferably related to enterprise software
- 5+ years in leadership role
- Process oriented, quantitative and results driven
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience with multi-tier channel distribution
- Larger, complementary company experience a plus though the role is entrepreneurial
- Ability to motivate people, instill accountability, and achieve results in a young and growing company.
- Strong IT skills (networking, software)
- Global experience required; second (or third) language a plus
- Willingness to travel globally (40%)
- Bachelor degree required; MBA or MA in business preferred
- Willingness to ‘roll up your sleeves’ in an entrepreneurial environment
- Proven success using sales framework such as a deal dashboards, MEDDIC, Strategic Selling, etc.
Remuneration & Benefits
Highly competitive base plus variable program plus stock options