Software Solutions – Chief Financial Officer/CFO
THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
About the Company
Client is the world’s leading provider of advanced digital distribution and management solutions that enable the secure delivery of digital resources to individuals, businesses, and organizations anywhere in the world. They simplifies the process of delivering any digital good to any market under virtually any terms and conditions. Over 60,000 academic institutions and departments trust our client to manage and distribute software to their students, faculty and staff. The company distributes software and other digital resources to millions of users in over 185 countries.
Scope of Position:
As the organization continues to grow and respond to market conditions, and increased sales, Client is poised to take advantage of its’ position in the market. They will need a CFO to champion the company’s financial strategy and work directly with the other members of the executive team to execute the company strategy and vision. As part of a small finance team, this leader will develop the financial organization to support the demands of the business while keeping a keen eye on the financial strategy and participating in outward facing activities. Our ideal candidate is a big picture thinker with the ambition and passion to deliver innovative solutions as a member of a fast-paced results driven management team.
- Responsible for setting the financial strategy to ensure long term growth and optimum enterprise value for the company;
- Act as a key business partner to the CEO, and the executive team providing financial guidance and counsel on all matters relating to the finance function including business planning, budgeting and forecasting and business analysis;
- Responsibility for fundraising and champion M&A activity;
- Take ownership for results along with the management team;
- Report on the Company's financials (i.e. P/L, Balance Sheet, cash flow, etc.) to the executive management team;
- Provide hands-on leadership, guidance, mentorship and performance management to the finance staff in the organization;
- Oversee and manage the accounting, tax, insurance, budget, credit and treasury and capital structure functions ensuring that the interests of all stakeholders are served;
- Provide teaching and coaching to other senior management staff on financial matters relating to their operational responsibilities;
- Preparation of the annual financial statements in accordance with Accounting Standards for Private Enterprises (ASPE);
- Provide effective cash flow management (receivables, suppliers, capital expenditures, expenses) and make recommendations; review existing financial procedures and implementation and necessitate change as approved;
- Oversee all budgeting aspects and audits relating to the Company and oversee all financial management systems implemented by the Company; provide primary interface with the approved external auditors;
- Provide the primary external interface with financial institutions and investment community;
- Ensure operational milestones are met on time, with high quality and that they meet the cost objectives that are established; reporting on a monthly as well as a quarterly basis;
- Leverage a detailed understanding of 'what's driving the numbers' to act as a key strategic and operational contributor to the overall growth of the business.
- Ensure appropriate internal controls are in place for the benefit of all stakeholders;
- Manage the relationship with the audit firm for annual audit/income tax activities and all related matters;
- Ensure that the finance organization is structured and sized to be optimally aligned to the needs of the business;
- Oversee all purchasing and payroll activity for staff and participants;
- Manage banking and other stakeholder relationships;
- Manage financial relationships/contracts with investors, debtors, suppliers, customers and partners along with the CEO and other team members;
- Ensure compliance to securities statutory and regulatory reporting requirements;
- Effectively manage the company's cash and securities position and drive any supplementary initiatives deemed necessary by the company;
- Remain informed about the business, put measurements and reporting dashboards into place enabling real time assessment of performance and 'what's over the horizon';
- Attend Board and Subcommittee meetings; including being the lead staff on the Audit/Finance Committee;
Encourages others by creating enthusiasm, a feeling of investment and a desire to excel; Inspires others to follow and a healthy attitude to work by recognizing positive contributions.
Coaching and Developing Others
Accurately assesses strengths and development needs of employees; Challenges others to improve their abilities and actively supports their development; Continually provides timely and constructive feedback, coaching and challenging learning opportunities; Adjusts coaching style based on each employee's ability and motivation level.
Focuses strongly on achieving agreed upon outcomes and ensures that key objectives are met; Has a reputation for execution and delivery; Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure; Aims to improve upon past performance; Establishes aggressive personal targets and strives to achieve/exceed them.
Recognizes when change is necessary; Challenges the status quo and champions new initiatives; Acts as a catalyst to change and stimulates others to change; Develops an effective action plan to implement change and monitors results.
Preferred Experience / Education
The following indicates specific industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and performance deliverables.
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance, Commerce or Administration with a Financial designation;
- Extensive experience in senior financial management roles including managing financial reporting, audit, ITC’s and SRED submittals; experience presenting to and working with Senior Management and head office;
- Experience in handling legal documentation, T&C’s, LOC’s, etc;
- Experience upgrading/implementing accounting and IT systems essential to run the business;
- Excellent presentation, communications and computer skills;
- Experience in managing, supervising and leading personnel including accounting, finance, legal and compliance group;
- Participated in or lead commercial negotiations of any type relevant to the company's business plan;
- Experience in a software sales operation is an advantage;
- The ability to lead, to communicate clearly and articulately, to monitor and express financial issues to the Executive team;
- The ability to put value creation into perspective and know what makes the business tick - a strong business understanding;
- Experience within early stage technology company concerns dealing with issues of scaling and growth;
- A minimum of 10 years of senior financial management experience preferably in a private company and a private investor backed organization;
Remuneration & Benefits
Comprehensive salary and benefits package.
If interested, please contact:CATHERINE PAN DIRECTOR RESEARCH GROUP email@example.com (613) 592 4145 EXT 223