Software Solutions - Director Engineering
THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
Scope of Position:
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer (COO), this Director Engineering will be responsible for providing key leadership to a hard-working development team. This customer facing delivery focused individual will need to put in place effective development processes and procedures to execute effectively and meet the demands of our customers. Measuring progress and responding quickly to challenges and changes in requirements will be commonplace for someone in this position.
As part of the management team the Director, Engineering will need to clearly communicate the development plan, timelines and deliverables and keep the executives abreast of any change so the company can respond to customers in a timely and proactive manner. This is a person that prides themselves on delivering quality products on time while meeting the expectation of the customers. You will be the member of the management team that cares most about solving the technical challenges and is passionate about digging deep, working hard and achieving award winning results.
Focuses strongly on achieving agreed upon outcomes and ensures that key objectives are met within aggressive but achievable timelines; Has a reputation for execution and delivery; Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure; Aims to improve upon past performance; Establishes ambitious personal targets and strives to achieve/exceed them.
Developing and Coaching Others
Accurately assesses strengths and development needs of employees; Challenges others to improve their abilities and actively supports their development; Continually provides timely and constructive feedback, coaching and challenging learning opportunities; Adjusts coaching style based on each employee's ability and motivation level. Holds employees accountable for delivering outcomes and identifies performance plan if required.
Draws parallels across situations and contexts; Divides problems into their individual elements; Develops several explanations or alternatives; Separates the core of a problem from its symptoms and can identify cause and effect.
Develops a strategic plan to realize the vision; Revises strategy in light of changing circumstances; Takes a long-term view of organizational success; Works to clarify long term organizational goals; Able to stand back from immediate problems in order to focus on more far reaching ideas.
Adopts an energetic approach; Works towards goals and willingly tackles demanding tasks; Sets the tone of his/her team by demonstrating the capacity for sustained effort and hard work over long periods of time, even in the face of adversity.
The successful candidate will bring a demonstrated ability to:
- Lead a diverse team of software developers in the field of SaaS, Cloud AI, and Machine Learning.
- Hire, coach and mentor a growing technical team that is world-class.
- Interface and collaborate with all business functions, from the Product Owner to Sales and other support functions to ensure that the feature set requirements are in line with market expectations and are designed to enhance the customer experience.
- Prioritize and manage all software development efforts to ensure they are aligned with business objectives to develop and maintain a product requirements/feature backlog.
- Define and implement a design methodology and process that emphasizes best practices in delivering cutting edge technology.
- Driving continuous improvement within the software development teams to consistently improve quality, cycle and deployment time.
- Assist with client presentations, demonstrations, and technical meetings when required.
- Monitor new emerging technologies, execute the technology roadmap based on market demand/constraints.
- Promote a strong, driven and dependable team environment through strong leadership and the effective use of hiring, mentoring, coaching, performance management and skills development.
- Meeting overall schedule and budget committed to in the development plan.
- A proven track record of managing a complex enterprise data environment architecting and executing data solutions at the enterprise level.
- Practical experience in the field of data and analytics with a strong business understanding on how to leverage data would be an asset.
- Translate business needs to technical specification.
- Background in data warehouse design and data mining.
- Encourages and rewards a culture of innovation and continual improvement.
Preferred Experience and Education
The following indicates specific industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and performance deliverables.
- B.S. Degree in Computer Science or Engineering or a technical discipline from an accredited college/University, MBA would be considered an asset.
- 5 to 7 years of experience in a leadership role as head of a Software Development team.
- 7 plus years of experience managing high performing customer facing SaaS applications.
- Continuous integration and deployment in large Cloud/SaaS environments.
- Getting the job done right, delivering results, continuously improving, displaying a dynamic approach, displaying energy and enthusiasm.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate plans, roadmaps and strategies.
- Must be able to demonstrate senior level experience in the architecture, development, release cycle and delivering software products to the enterprise market.
- Proven success implementing software development methodologies, while establishing and maintaining pragmatic engineering best practices (e.g. code reviews, testing, continuous delivery).
- Understanding of budgets and business planning.
- Have experience working in a startup environment as an early contributor is highly desirable.
Remuneration and Benefits
Competitive salary, stock options and comprehensive benefits package that includes medical/dental insurance plan.
If interested, please contact:CATHERINE PAN DIRECTOR RESEARCH GROUP firstname.lastname@example.org (613) 592 4145 EXT 223