Software - President and CEO
THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
About the Company
Social media and mobile technologies are changing the way companies reach and interact with prospects, customers, suppliers, and partners alike. They are also profoundly affecting the manner by which companies communicate with employees and in turn, employees communicate with, and on behalf of, companies.
Today’s progressive organizations recognize the value of a unified employee base, one that understands their goals and objectives, and who advocate on their behalf. This desire to connect, educate and leverage knowledge workers and their social networks combined with the myriad of new disruptive technologies creates a multi-billion-dollar market opportunity.
Our client is a leader in the burgeoning field of employee advocacy. Their platform helps bridge the internal and external communication gaps for large enterprises unleashing the power and passion of employees. Clients benefit from the increased exposure and credibility that employees can generate for brands using their own online assets. Employee advocacy also contributes to enhanced communications, workplace experience and overall employee engagement. From social marketing to employee engagement, the applications for advocacy platforms are powerful and quickly expanding.
Serving large markets such as financial services, professional services, retail, and telecommunications, our client’s mission is to deliver the highest value to its customers with unparalleled industry solutions built on innovative technologies, deep technical knowledge and feature-rich applications. The firm is recognized for the robustness of its technologies, ease of use, flexibility and profound impact on client businesses.
Our client is Toronto-based and boasts a blue-chip group of investors.
Scope of Position
Our client is undertaking a search for an executive to lead the company through its next stage of growth. The CEO joins a growing company with solid industry fundamentals, a superb reputation, high analyst rankings, a growing customer base, a talented team and the opportunity for explosive growth.
Owning the strategy and driving its execution will be the responsibility of the President and Chief Executive Officer. Reporting to the Board of Directors, the President & CEO will lever the company’s positioning, momentum and growing markets to put into place the fundamentals necessary to significantly accelerate revenues and profits. It is expected that the successful candidate will bring a driving, hands-on, ‘lead from the front’ approach to that task while nurturing a collaborative culture of excellence.
This is an outstanding opportunity that features:
- Strong industry and company growth
- Large market opportunity
- Committed and well-funded financial backers
- Highly entrepreneurial culture
- An opportunity to make a real difference
- Work with the Board of Directors and members of the senior management team to refine the strategic and operating plans, priorities and options.
- Work with the Board of Directors and members of the senior management team to implement and execute the strategic plan. Activities shall include focusing the company’s market/technology growth plans, build organizational capacity, expanding market penetration, enhancing competitive positioning, introducing professional services, driving partnering/channel development and overall strategic roadmap.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the company to ensure the timely implementation and execution of the business and financial plans.
- Architect the organization ensuring that it has in place the human resources, processes and operational capabilities by which to scale and the corporate culture to outperform.
- Drive the revenue build process with substantive rapid growth the goal. Refine and align the sales organization to those goals. Maintain, improve, create senior level relationships with existing and potential customers and strategic partners.
- Provide ongoing direction, performance management and developmental support to the executive team. Continue to build world-class capabilities. Focus the team to accelerate and drive the growth in revenues, new market development, sector leadership and profitability.
- Ensure operational milestones are met on time, with high quality and that they meet the cost objectives that are established; reporting on a monthly as well as a quarterly basis.
- Create and sustain a viable organizational structure to make optimum use of human resources, technology and systems.
- Remain abreast of the industry, competitors and trends with a view to ensuring that all alliance, acquisition and investment opportunities are considered and the most attractive pursued.
- Lead the expansion of the company business and brand into new markets. Engage with strategic stakeholders in those markets.
- Report regularly and proactively to the board of directors on results and plans going forward.
Key Performance Indicators
- Specific measures of performance relating to growth, profitability, customer satisfaction, etc. will be discussed and agreed upon with the successful candidate.
The following competencies listed below define the role of President/CEO at our client.
Develops a strategic plan to realize the vision. Revises strategy in light of changing circumstances. Takes a long-term view of organizational success. Works to clarify long term organizational goals. Able to stand back from immediate problems in order to focus on more far reaching ideas.
Focuses strongly on achieving agreed upon outcomes and ensures that key objectives are met. Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure. Aims to improve upon past performance. Establishes aggressive personal targets and strives to achieve them. Stays ahead of the noise and sets the tone and agenda daily to drive the management team and employees towards the company’s goals.
Establishes and communicates clear priorities and sense of direction. Clarifies roles and responsibilities. Adapts management style to achieve optimum results.
Makes an immediate positive impression upon others. Has presence and commands respect. Comes across with force and quickly establishes credibility. Accurately predicts the effects of own words and actions. Makes an immediate positive impression upon others.
Delegates responsibility to match the skill and ability level of team members. Provides others with the scope and resources necessary in order to complete assignments effectively. Creates an environment where individuals have the latitude to use their discretion.
Strives to provide customers/clients with personalized and efficient service. Anticipates customers'/clients' needs. Quickly follows up on customer/client contacts and complaints. Monitors and acts on measures of customer/client satisfaction.
Imagines future possibilities. Thinks broadly and investigates a wide-range of alternatives in developing a vision for the future. Selects the most promising vision from a range of alternatives and communicates this vision to others.
Industry & Market Awareness
Seeks to anticipate and respond to industry and market changes/challenges by understanding key characteristics, issues and the factors driving them. Aware of competitor's products, services and position.
Preferred Experience / Education
The following indicates specific industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and performance deliverables.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in senior leadership capacity and at least five years in a CEO/President/COO role with specific revenue growth achievements.
- Experience in enterprise SaaS software, ideally relating to social media, marketing and or HR
- Proven entrepreneurial experience with appropriate financial, market and business acumen in scaling businesses.
- Experience in implementing best practices in sales, marketing, engineering, operations, and quality systems.
- Proven ability to instil and foster a ‘culture of winning’. Creates value in every interaction with all stakeholders.
- Experience in people management roles with recruitment, selection, hiring, coaching, feedback, employee engagement and performance management.
- A driving management style which leverages the strengths of the existing team while stretching and motivating them in attaining breakthrough results.
- Track record defined in part by an ability to consistently execute on agreed upon objectives.
- Experience working in venture-backed firms
- A highly intelligent, strategically minded executive with superb communication and interpersonal skills and a willingness to roll-up his/her sleeves.
- Strong sales centric leader and marketing orientation marked by a sense of urgency and a demonstrable track record of accelerating growth.
Remuneration & Benefits
- Highly competitive compensation package tailored to the successful candidate.