THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
About the company
Our client is a software company offering integrated intelligent video management solutions for security surveillance and business intelligence applications. The company is a global leader in intelligent video technology and is propelling the adoption of video analytics as an integral component of video management solutions. The company’s products are based on innovative, open technologies that provide customers with a single platform for migrating from analog video to intelligent IP video solutions.
Our client is a Canadian-based company, headquartered in Waterloo, Ontario. It is recognized by industry analysts, resellers, and end-customers for its product innovation and commitment to excellence. Our solutions are sold through distributors and certified partners in over 90 countries.
Scope of Position
Our client is looking for an experienced Vice President of Engineering to lead a group of software developers and QA engineers. Part of the challenge/objective of this role will be to implement processes and procedures that maximize the technical abilities of the current team. This is an excellent opportunity to join a young growing company and make a significant impact on the future of the organization.
- Lead a team of software developers (QA and dev).
- Develop strategic planning for and direction / control of product development activities.
- Estimate and schedule completion of goals.
- Manage multiple concurrent projects.
- Implement processes and procedures that maximize productivity and achieve results.
- Ensure the optimal application of technology and engineering resources to meet the product development and/or customer requirements and deadlines.
- Working with executive management to shape the future direction of the company.
- 5+ years software engineering management background
- 15+ years software development experience
- Successful track record of leading research & development teams/organizations (including QA)
- Development background with technologies such as C, C++, C#, Visual Studio, .NET, SQL Server etc.
- Experience with different software development methodologies including Agile.
- Ability to motivate people, instill accountability, and achieve results in a young and growing company.
- Excellent communication and people management skills.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Bachelor's Degree or global equivalent in Computer Science, or a related technology discipline. MA or MBA in management preferred.