THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
About the Company
Bank Secrecy Act and Anti-Money Laundering (BSA/AML) rank among the top concerns for all financial institutions. While laws related to BSA/AML have been in existence for decades recent events have added an unprecedented sense of compliance urgency to the entire industry. Financial institutions now devote considerable energy to monitoring and analyzing data for fraud and money laundering activities. Sophisticated software is among the key controls.
Our client is one of North America's leading BSA/AML Compliance and Fraud Detection software providers. The firm provides a broad, innovative suite of anti-money laundering and anti-fraud solutions. The firm's customers include hundreds of financial institutions that span a broad range of asset size and operate on thirty different core banking systems. Partnerships include more than forty industry endorsements by national and state associations; as well as relationships with core system vendors, data hosting centers and third-party IT service providers. The firm has become recognized as a thought leader for delivering an innovative solution to the financial services industry by introducing unconventional and sophisticated artificial intelligence technologies that traditionally have only been used in the field of science.
Scope of Position
The company is currently seeking a key senior executive to complement its leadership team. Reporting directly to the CEO, the Vice President of Marketing will have ultimate accountability for strategy, tactics and programs used to create interest, demand and recognition of the company. The VP of Marketing will work closely with Product Development and Sales/Business Development to ensure the right mix of features, positioning and price. This position is also responsible for planning, organizing, staffing, training, and managing all marketing functions to achieve the company objective of sales, growth, profits, and visibility while ensuring a consistent message that is in line with the corporate direction.
• Create and maintain a rolling marketing budget
• Create strategic and operational marketing plans
• Strategic planning including corporate positioning, market and competitive analysis, customer segmentation and penetration plans
• Guide team to ensure timely and effective execution of marketing tactics
• Analyze market research to determine risk and marketability of potential future products and features
• Determine market needs and generate future product requirements and definition for the development team
• Provide leadership and training opportunities for existing and new team members
• Oversee marketing team in the creation of targeted marking programs to drive awareness and interest in the company’s software
• Guide and facilitate the buying process through continued use of marketing tools as well as the coordination of sales resources to assist in the negotiation process via demos, whitepapers, seminars, client references, etc.
• Utilize search engine marketing and optimization as well as webinars and seminars to ensure they discover the company when a prospect decides to seek a vendor to provide AML/BSA automation.
• Facilitate sales and marketing efforts during the solution validation process involving lead scoring, lead ranking and lead routing.
• Oversee marketing communications to ensure consistent look and feel of the company brand.
• Work with PR to ensure the proper amount and type of coverage to raise awareness, win reviews and ensure consistent corporate and product brand.
• Participate in creating strategic partnerships, alliances and bundles to ensure the company is highly visible and properly positioned and referenced.
• Work with teams to develop strategic partners for referencing, credibility and alliances.
• Develop direct marketing programs to resellers.
• Ensure proper representation at industry events.
• Develop an effective channel marketing program.
• Help manage third-party relationships.
Key Performance Deliverables
In light of the identified responsibilities, the following are specific deliverables that the position is designed to achieve.
• Specific performance metrics will be agreed upon in advance with the successful candidate.
Preferred Experience / Education
The following indicates specific industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and performance deliverables.
• Extensive experience using demand generation marketing programs and utilizing emerging strategies and tactics to build awareness and facilitate the discovery of the company’s software application by potential buyers.
• Should have practical experience with: Direct, internet, email, social media, and viral marketing as well as search engine marketing & optimization; Content creation, management and deployment Structured sales processes (lead scoring, lead ranking, and lead routing);Pipeline management; Marketing automation & sales management systems; Establishing pricing models
• A well rounded background in business to business marketing and structured sales processes is essential.
• Previous experience working in a venture-backed software company would be considered an asset.
• The successful candidate must thrive in a dynamic and collaborative fast-paced environment.
• Must know: Technology & financial services markets, Demand generation techniques, Customer buying and decision making processes, Channel management
Remuneration & Benefits
• Attractive base and variable compensation package coupled with stock options.