Senior Vice President Marketing Product Management - Intellectual Property
THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
Client is the world's largest supplier of intellectual property (IP) services, and technical competitive intelligence products and services, which target a wide range of sectors including: medical devices, semiconductors, consumer electronics, investment, legal, automotive, clean technology, and software. For more than 20 years, Client’s team have helped major technology companies such as Texas Instruments (TI), leverage and protect their technology and IP assets, and improve product designs.
With offices in: North America (Ottawa, Canada; Austin, Texas); Europe (France, Poland); and Asia (China and Japan), the company's team of over 300 offers unmatched technical expertise and analysis tools, combined with years of experience in all aspects of the IP/technology lifecycle.
Client’s Parent Company is a $1.5 billion London-based global business media and services company that brings buyers and sellers together across targeted media channels – publications, events, and online – with the information they need to do business successfully. Client has a staff of 6,500 in more than 30 countries.
Reporting to the CEO, the SVP Marketing & Product Management is responsible for global marketing functions as well as the evolution of the portfolio of open-market products and services. As a senior member of the Client’s executive team, the successful candidate will identify and exploit new markets, set the direction for product evolution and implement lead generation and awareness campaigns to support company revenue growth.
This position will be located at corporate headquarters in Ottawa, Canada. Client will help with relocation expenses within North America.
• Maintain overall visibility on market trends including gathering competitive intelligence
• Identify and develop new market sectors for existing products
• Develop and implement programs to further Client’s brand globally
• Enhance the company’s on-line strategy including website evolution and optimization, social media, and e-commerce capabilities
• Implement integrated marketing campaigns globally to drive e-commerce revenues and generate leads for the sales force
• Develop sales tools to support sales and professional services business development
• Evolve the product portfolios to target new sectors for growth
• Implement and manage structured product management processes for the Technical Intelligence, Business Intelligence and Workflow Tools business units
• Lead the program management process to guide new product and capability investment decisions
• Implement metrics-based marketing strategies supported by marketing automation system
• Participate as an active member of the senior management team and foster an environment of innovation and co-operation
Preferred Education and Experience
• University/college degree in Business (eg. MBA) complemented by engineering or technical education/experience
• 15+ years of successful B2B global marketing and product management; ideally with experience in subscription-based or syndicated services and e-commerce
• Demonstrated track record of leading marketing and product management organizations through successful marketing campaigns, product launches and market development
• Superior teams skills and experience building, managing and mentoring teams with diverse technical and marketing skills
• Entrepreneurial attitude, passion, sense of urgency, and a willingness through a hands-on approach to perform multiple roles as required to achieve the desired results
• Experience with intellectual property is a strong asset
Global travel will be necessary.
Remuneration and Benefits
Salary, incentives, and benefit package are commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Success in this position requires the following competencies:
Focuses strongly on achieving agreed upon outcomes and ensures that key objectives are met. Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure. Aims to improve upon past performance; Establishes aggressive personal targets and strives to achieve them.
Proactive; Seizes opportunities and acts upon them immediately; Takes responsibility for own actions and addresses problems before asked.
Industry & Market Awareness
You seek to anticipate and respond to industry and market changes by understanding key characteristics, issues, and the factors driving them.
Planning and Objective Setting
You are systematic in your approach to work. You produce action plans in which objectives are defined and steps for achieving them are clearly specified. You plan by breaking down large task into subtasks, develop plans that anticipate obstacles, are realistic about time-scales, and build in appropriate checkpoints, milestones, and controls to ensure that desired results are realized.
Strives to provide customers/clients with personalized and efficient service; Anticipates customers'/clients' needs; Quickly follows up on customer/client contacts and complaints; Monitors and acts on measures of customer/client satisfaction.
You adopt an energetic approach, working towards goals and willingly tackling demanding tasks. You demonstrate capacity for sustained effort and hard work over long periods of time, even in the face of adversity.
You express ideas in a clear, fluent, and concise manner. Your written and oral arguments are compelling and responsive to the needs of the audience. You comprehend communication from others and respond appropriately.