Security Solutions – General Manager, Canada
About the Company
Client is a leading international provider of solutions and products for physical and cyber security, as well as safety and site management. Over the past 50 years, Client has delivered tailor-made security solutions and turnkey projects to many satisfied customers in over 100 countries.
Client offers comprehensive integrated solutions for critical sites and their solutions leverage their broad portfolio of Perimeter Intrusion Detection Systems (PIDS), advanced outdoor video surveillance technology and cyber security solutions.
Established in mid 60s, Client initially focused on developing smart fences for security; in early 90s, Client was floated and privatized and had its IPO on NASDAQ. Since its inception, Client has acquired several subsidiaries.
Scope of Position:
General Manager of Canadian division in Canada, established in 2016 and based in Ottawa. Reporting to the Global General Manager based in Parent Company, with peers in Mexico, and Spain, this individual will leverage the division’s strong team, culture and technology base to scale the Canadian organization to its sizable potential. This shall include the refinement and execution of both short and long-term corporate goals of the organization while serving as a member of the Global Leadership Team.
- Financial metrics: attainment of revenue and profitability targets through a strong focus on management, costs, processes and revenue growth.
- Team Metrics: Building overall effectiveness of the team along with morale.
- Strategic metrics: Ensuring that integrated project direction and roadmap align with prioritized vertical market requirements.
- Evaluate, develop, direct and execute effective sales plans and strategies consistent with the company's overall strategic objectives. Lead in the preparation and achievement of the company's annual sales budget.
- Provide ongoing direction, performance management and developmental support of the team in all functional areas. Focus the team to drive the business to increased revenue generation, growth, sector leadership, and profitability.
- Spearhead the commercial agreements and sustainable relationships with potential customers. Orchestrate the process of effectively positioning the division with end-users.
- Develop, and manage sales in order to implement and execute the company's overall sales goals and targets.
- Articulate a compelling story around the company’s solutions, value proposition and competitive advantage which will be leveraged into a winning position at the customer level.
- Participate as a member of the leadership team, providing up-to-date information on the division’s key performance indicators and maintaining a strong relationship with head office.
- Prepare timely reports with analysis of key performance metrics. Make recommendations to the Global General Manager as required.
- Remain abreast of competitive offerings, pricing and distribution strategies. Make recommendations to ensure positioning of existing technologies is optimized.
- Work with the Global General Manager in refining the business strategies and diversification. This will include an assessment of the company's existing market opportunities, competitive positioning and growth opportunities going forward.
- Participate in formulating and administering company policies, directing and coordinating all divisional department activities to develop and implement long range goals and objectives to meet business and profitability growth objectives.
- Develop annual business plan defining financial and developmental objectives for the business unit for the coming year.
- Develop and set key performance indicators (KPIs) and manage to them.
- Drive team to achieve both immediate tactical goals and long-term strategic goals and objectives.
- Reviews analyses of activities, costs, operations and forecast data to determine department or division progress toward stated goals and objectives.
- Confers with corporate to review achievements and discuss required changes or objectives resulting from current status and conditions.
- Travel to confer with customers, suppliers, industry associations and corporate personnel in the support of short and long-term objectives.
- Oversee key projects, processes, and performance reports, data and analysis.
- Manage all sales, marketing and customer service for existing and new business.
- Lead by example, drive and support business development related to value-added services in attaining revenue and margin goals by vertical market and geography.
- Develop the marketing strategy and plan as well as product and services mix offerings in each market.
- Participate as an active member of the global leadership team, fostering an environment of high performance and co-operation.
- Play a lead role in developing high level relationships with key accounts and partners including developing the account development plans themselves.
- Work directly with lead customers in emerging markets providing feedback to the company on the viability of said markets and make recommendations on investments required to effectively pursue.
- Provide feedback to the Global General Manager on the status of all pipeline, sales and business development activities. Improve overall demand planning processes.
- Spearhead and nurture existing and new senior level relationships with channel partners. Recommend means by which to enhance the channel's overall effectiveness.
Establishes and communicates clear priorities and sense of direction; Clarifies roles and responsibilities; Adapts management style to achieve optimum results.
Coaching and Developing Others
Accurately assesses strengths and development needs of employees; Challenges others to improve their abilities and actively supports their development; Continually provides timely and constructive feedback, coaching and challenging learning opportunities; Adjusts coaching style based on each employee's ability and motivation level.
Planning and Objective Setting
Systematic in approach to work; Produces action plans in which objectives are defined and steps for achieving them are clearly specified; Plans by breaking down large task into subtasks; Develops plans that anticipate obstacles; Is realistic about time-scales and builds in appropriate checkpoints, milestones and controls in order to ensure that desired results are realized.
Develops a strategic plan to realize the vision; Revises strategy in light of changing circumstances; Takes a long-term view of organizational success; Works to clarify long term organizational goals; Able to stand back from immediate problems in order to focus on more far reaching ideas.
Strives to provide customers/clients with personalized and efficient service; Listen and understands customer/client needs and conveys then back to the organization to take appropriate action; Quickly follows up on customer/client concerns and deals with them in a professional and efficient manner; Monitors and acts on measures of customer/client satisfaction.
Preferred Experience and Education
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in security and/or IT integration turn-key project management.
- Experience working in medium size businesses that can be leveraged for future growth opportunities.
- A University or professional designation in technology or engineering, is highly desirable. Professional designation in accounting, finance or general business administration with a demonstrated technical aptitude would be considered.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) designation - desirable
- Marked by a sense of urgency and a desire to win with a demonstrable ability to deliver results.
- A proven entrepreneurial orientation with a ‘nose’ for seeing opportunities to improve and build businesses.
- An ability to ‘sell’ by way of a customer-focused orientation that delivers beyond customers’ expectations.
- A driven management style that leverages the strengths of the existing team while stretching and motivating them in attaining breakthrough results.
- Experience in managing and coaching project teams in an integrated security/IT solutions environment – a must
- A portfolio of established end user and supplier relationships – highly desirable
- Previous business experience with Federal and Provincial Government clients – an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of an organization
- French language verbal and written communications skills – an asset
- Proven track record of extraordinary growth and successfully completed projects with an integrated security/IT systems provider
- Experience in security (HLS)/infrastructure system integration projects in aggregate of at least $10 million in turnover
- Experience in a wide range of physical security sub-systems including but not limited to CCTV and access control
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships
- Effectively communicate value propositions through proposals and presentations
- Extensive travel - at least 50%
Remuneration and Benefits
Comprehensive salary and benefits package.
If interested, please contact:Christine Colverson firstname.lastname@example.org
(613) 592 4145 ext 224.