THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
About the Company
Our client helps Fortune 1000 Consumer Technology Brands to enhance and evolve their customer relationships by helping consumers to better manage their home technology. Their Digital Home Service Platform solutions allow its partners to deliver a range of Digital Home Services to address consumer needs and frustrations across the technology purchase, usage, protection, and support lifecycle. More than 30 million households worldwide have access to software and services from our client to protect, optimize and maintain their connected devices and home technology. Our client's customers include some of the world's largest consumer brands including BT, Verizon, Windstream, Virgin Media, Rogers Communications, and Bell Canada. Our client is recognized as one of Canada's 50 Best Managed Companies, one of Montreal's Top 15 Employers, and a three-time recipient of the Deloitte Technology Fast 50 award for the fastest growing technology companies. Our client is headquartered in Montreal, Canada, with offices in Boston and London.
Scope of Position
The Account Management function is responsible for maximizing the long-term growth and success of our client’s accounts through strategic business planning, ongoing business development and P&L management on an industry vertical & account-by-account basis. The Account Management function is the central commercial and relationship manager for the customer and must build broad and deep relationships across the customer organization, and achieve trusted advisor status, so that they can influence strategic decision making and drive profitable business growth for both the customer and our client.
Account Managers must represent the voice of the customer within our client and ensure all internal stakeholders understand the customer’s business strategy and requirements.Account Managers work closely with our client’s Program Management team to successfully execute on program strategy, including delivering on all customer projects across all key company functions (engineering, operations, marketing, etc.) to ensure we design the right solutions to meet our client and the customer’s business goals.
Director positions will be responsible for one of three industry verticals: Communications & Media, OEM and Retail, and will report into a Vice President of Account Management. Successful candidates are expected to have demonstrated industry expertise in their vertical, as well as experience and success in business development, client relationship management, business planning and general cross functional organizational leadership.
- Industry Expertise - Be the recognized expert in building 'Connected Home Services' businesses within their vertical market while positioning our client as such, such that clients welcome/invite their advice.
- Industry Expertise - Participate in industry events, including speaking.
- Industry Expertise - Publish thought leading white papers.
- Industry expertise - Be familiar with key industry players (companies and individuals) - from ISVs to Consultants to Competitors etc.
- Business Development - Drive continuous growth with in-market customers.
- Business Development - Identify and qualify new growth opportunities based on customers strategy and business assets.
- Business Development - Identify and drive net new opportunities and improvements to existing programs.
- Business Development - Enhance relationships with existing stakeholders and across the entire customer organization.
- Business Development - Structure, negotiate and close new contracts/SOWs required to make opportunites real.
- Relationship Development - Learn customers businesses, strategies, priorities, culture, competition etc.
- Relationship Development - Develop business relationships with customers key 3rd party business partners/outsourcers who can influence the account.
- Relationship Development - Achieve trusted advisor status amongst executives, key decision-makers and influencers.
- Relationship Development - Map our client organization and people to partner's organization and people, developing high and wide relationships.
- Business Planning - Manage and be accountable for an account's P&L forecasts and results, meeting and exceeding financial targets.
- Business Planning - Map our client's capabilities/services to customers' business strategy and priorities, in order to prioritize areas of investment and growth opportunity identification.
- Business Planning - Develop joint company/cusomer business cases for new opportunities.
- Cross Functional Leadership - Lead and prioritize all account team resources to maximize overall account growth, program success and customer satisfaction.
- Cross Functional Leadership - represent the voice of the customer within our client and ensure that all internal stakeholders understand the customers' business strategies and requirements.
- Cross Functional Leadership - Ensure all company teams and activities are aligned with account strategy and goals.
- Cross Functional Leadership - Feedback new market requirements and opportunities to product amdn marketing teams.
Key Performance Deliverables
In light of the identified responsibilities, the following are specific deliverables that the position is designed to achieve.
- Specific performance metrics will be discussed and agreed upon with the successful candidates.
The following competencies listed below define the role of Commercial Account Management at our client -
Industry & Market Awareness
Seeks to anticipate and respond to industry and market changes/challenges by understanding key characteristics, issues and the factors driving them. Aware of competitor's products, services and position.
Develops a strategic plan to realize the vision. Revises strategy in light of changing circumstances. Takes a long-term view of organizational success. Works to clarify long term organizational goals. Able to stand back from immediate problems in order to focus on more far reaching ideas.
Applies appropriate commercial and financial principles. Understands situations in terms of costs, profits, added-value and return on investment. Appreciates the commercial impact of own work on the organization's total expenses and revenues.
Expresses ideas in a clear, fluent and concise manner. Written and oral arguments are compelling and responsive to the needs of the audience. Comprehends communications from others and responds appropriately.
Articulates the key points of an argument persuasively. Negotiates skillfully and convinces others to own point of view. Directly and indirectly impacts the decisions/opinions of others. Mobilizes people into action.
Focuses strongly on achieving agreed upon outcomes and ensures that key objectives are met. Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure. Aims to improve upon past performance. Establishes aggressive personal targets and strives to achieve them.
Strives to provide customers/clients with personalized and efficient service. Anticipates customers'/clients' needs. Quickly follows up on customer/client contacts and complaints. Monitors and acts on measures of customer/client satisfaction.
Helps to create a sense of team spirit and harmonious relations through cooperation and support. Balances personal goals with those of the team. Fosters collaboration among team members.
Preferred Experience / Education
The following indicates specific industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and performance deliverables.
- 10 years + progressive experience in strategy, business development, marketing, consulting or related functions.
- Industry specific depth of experience in telecom, consumer electronics or retail.
- Ideally experienced in managing teams
- Willing to reside in Montreal, Boston, Toronto or Silicon Valley depending on the role.
Remuneration & Benefits
- Highly competitive base and variable compensation package.