THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
About the Company
Our Client helps Fortune 1000 Consumer Technology Brands to enhance and evolve their customer relationships by helping consumers to better manage their home technology. Our client’s Digital Home Service Platform solutions allow its partners to deliver a range of Digital Home Services to address consumer needs and frustrations across the technology purchase, usage, protection, and support lifecycle. More than 30 million households worldwide have access to software and services from our client to protect, optimize and maintain their connected devices and home technology. Their customers include some of the world's largest consumer brands including BT, Verizon, Windstream, Virgin Media, Rogers Communications, and Bell Canada. Our client is recognized as one of Canada's 50 Best Managed Companies, one of Montreal's Top 15 Employers, and a three-time recipient of the Deloitte Technology Fast 50 award for the fastest growing technology companies. Our Client is headquartered in Montreal, Canada, with offices in Boston and London.
Scope of Position
Account program management is a core function in the Solutions team. Its main responsibility is to deliver the expected strategic business objectives and targeted outcomes as agreed to between the Account Commercial Management and the Account Program Management teams for the respective accounts & programs. Ultimately, the overarching outcomes of delivering account program plans are the highest level of client satisfaction, and business success for both the clients and company alike. The Account Program Managers drive, organize, coordinate, and optimize all activities and projects applied to customer programs throughout the life-cycle of the business relationship with customers. In addition, account program managers play a leadership role in pre-sales activity, by driving the proposal process for all qualified opportunities in partnership with all delivery functional teams.
The various levels of seniority in account program management (e.g. VP, senior director, director, and associate) designate the overall scale of business overseen by the individual, which is determined by factors such as overall revenue, number of accounts, and number & complexity of programs. An Account Program Manager is a member of the Solutions team at our client and functionally reports to a more senior Account Program Manager for a specific account, region or business vertical leader, but works closely day-to-day with the Account Commercial Managers for assigned accounts.
Through the Account Program Managers, the Solutions team provides world class program management services to ensure connected home offerings and solutions sold are implemented effectively, and once in market, managed to deliver business results to customers and company alike. The Account Program Manager owns the in-market planning processes and service delivery program plans that are executed in partnership with the customer and our client's stakeholders (all key functions including marketing, engineering, operations, legal and the PMO). Throughout the customer business relationship, the Account Program Manager is also accountable for tracking program results & driving the execution of changes to plans as required to produce the desired business outcomes, and for making sure plans stay aligned with evolutions in program & account strategies as defined by respective Account commercial managers.
Finally, the Account Program Manager is responsible for coordinating all key communication interfaces and interactions to include appropriate program reporting between internal company teams and the customer, including effective setting and management of customer expectations and ensuing high CSAT on an ongoing basis. These interactions may range from coordinating a new deployment, addressing an SLA issue or resolving an invoicing issue.
Successful candidates are expected to have demonstrated experience and success in customer engagement and management roles, and have strong experience in program and project management.
- Own and drive the program planning process - i.e. the sequencing and planning of the series of activities and projects required to achieve targeted business outcomes.
- Work with the PMO to ensure the appropriate scoping and definition of the projects required to achieve the stated account strategy and objectives.
- Drive the optimization of programs to ensure continued business success.
- Proactive relationship management with account/client stakeholders to drive execution on program strategy; to identify program performance gaps and bring solutions designed to restore or exceed program performance; to manage dependencies between organizations; and to set mutual expectations.
- Drive pre-sales proposals (for new & existing accounts).
- Be the primary customer day to day contact for in market programs
- Manage all key interfaces between defined activities/projects and the various stakeholder groups throughout an account and its programs’ lifecycles
- Working with the KAM, track (monitor trends) and forecast program related metrics
Key Performance Deliverables
In light of the identified responsibilities, the following are specific deliverables that the position is designed to achieve.
- Specific performance measures will be dscussed and agreed upon with the successful candidates.
The following competencies listed below define the role of Account Program Management at our client-
Demonstrates critical technical or professional knowledge/skills related to the role. Has thorough knowledge of relevant products, services and methods. Expands technical knowledge/skills and keeps up-to-date in own area of expertise.
Draws parallels across situations and contexts. Divides problems into their individual elements. Develops several explanations or alternatives. Separates the core of a problem from its symptoms and can identify cause and effect.
Articulates the key points of an argument persuasively. Negotiates skillfully and convinces others to own point of view. Directly and indirectly impacts the decisions/opinions of others. Mobilizes people into action.
Planning & Objective Setting
Systematic in approach to work. Produces action plans in which objectives are defined and steps for achieving them are clearly specified. Plans by breaking down large task into subtasks. Develops plans that anticipate obstacles. Is realistic about time-scales and builds in appropriate checkpoints, milestones and controls in order to ensure that desired results are realized.
Consults widely for business or technical advice, probes for facts and obtains information from a wide variety of sources. Differentiates the critical from the irrelevant or trivial.
Strives to provide customers/clients with personalized and efficient service. Anticipates customers'/clients' needs. Quickly follows up on customer/client contacts and complaints. Monitors and acts on measures of customer/client satisfaction.
Industry & Market Awareness
Seeks to anticipate and respond to industry and market changes/challenges by understanding key characteristics, issues and the factors driving them. Aware of competitor's products, services and position.
Helps to create a sense of team spirit and harmonious relations through cooperation and support. Balances personal goals with those of the team. Fosters collaboration among team members.
Preferred Experience / Education
The following indicates specific industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and performance deliverables.
- Successful experience working within account management, client services, professional services or consulting organization.
- Leadership (ability to influence and drive across customer stakeholders, functions delivery teams).
- Complex problem-solving – complex because of: number of moving parts, uncertainty, people + technology + conflicting scenarios across many levels of ownership/responsibility.
- Strong program & project management skill & experience.
- Strong performance metric analysis and management.
- Excellent client facing skills - engagement, verbal & written communication, proactivity, etc.
- University Degree in business, computer science or engineering, MBA is a plus.
Remuneration & Benefits
- Highly competitive, industry-leading package.