Renewable Energy - Vice-President Sales
THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
About the Company
Our Client is a highly successful and nationally recognized alternative energy company that not only offers renewable energy choices and solutions across Canada, but also supports and invests in the development of new renewable power generation. Operating as both a social enterprise and a for-profit corporation has carefully nurtured a unique, nationally recognized brand.
As our client continues to expand it is seeking to fill a new role, one tasked with driving new large-account business development through a national team of highly capable sales professionals.
Scope of Position
The Vice-President of Sales is a member of the Executive Leadership Team reporting directly to the President. The role is responsible for leading the development and implementation of sales strategies to enable the company to achieve its customer acquisition and revenue growth objectives.
- Contributing to the overall senior management team of the business.
- Collaborating with the executive team to develop short- and long-term strategic plans, including the preparation of annual business plans.
- Developing execution strategies and tactics to support strategic plans.
- Devising and deploying all sales goals and objectives across the organization, including the preparation of sales quotas and budgets.
- Integrating and aligning sales strategies with available talent, processes, IT systems, and other areas to increase sales force capability and success.
- Developing and implementing quarterly and/or annual sales plans, policies, and programs for all sales staff.
- Creating positioning/ROI strategies where needed to maximize business opportunities across markets. Developing national and regional plans for each key customer.
- Providing input to the senior team from sales on growth, competitive analysis, market trends and business environment. Serve as the integrated voice of the customer.
- Working directly with sales staff on major presentations and business development opportunities to ensure highest likelihood of success.
- Drive Financial Results including: Achieving financial and budget targets; Conducting regular analysis on pricing effectiveness and recurring trends and creating actionable item lists based on findings; Conducting sales forecasts and weekly and/or monthly status reports.
- Customer Service Excellence including; Complying with established policies, SOP’s, and best practices; Coordinating all RFP responses to customers; Developing, managing, and nurturing new business accounts and partnerships to accomplish profit and volume goals; Communicating brand identity internally, with key business partners, and the customer base.
- Leadership including; Managing the activities and performance of all sales staff; performance management; Training and development for all sales staff; Conducting analysis to manage sales performance against corporate objectives and market developments
The following competencies listed below define the role of - Vice-President Sales
Focuses strongly on achieving agreed upon outcomes and ensures that key objectives are met. Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure. Aims to improve upon past performance. Establishes aggressive personal targets and strives to achieve them.
Developing & Coaching Others
Accurately assesses strengths and development needs of employees. Challenges others to improve their abilities and actively supports their development. Continually provides timely and constructive feedback, coaching and challenging learning opportunities. Adjusts coaching style based on each employee's ability and motivation level.
Develops a strategic plan to realize the vision. Revises strategy in light of changing circumstances. Takes a long-term view of organizational success. Works to clarify long term organizational goals. Able to stand back from immediate problems in order to focus on more far reaching ideas.
Integrity & Sincerity
Inspires trust and supports others through own authenticity and following up on commitments. Maintains high ethical standards both personally and professionally. Shows consistency among principles.
Applies appropriate commercial and financial principles. Understands situations in terms of costs, profits, added-value and return on investment. Appreciates the commercial impact of own work on the organization's total expenses and revenues.
Demonstrates critical technical or professional knowledge/skills related to the role. Has thorough knowledge of relevant products, services and methods. Expands technical knowledge/skills and keeps up-to-date in own area of expertise.
Helps to create a sense of team spirit and harmonious relations through cooperation and support. Balances personal goals with those of the team. Fosters collaboration among team members.
Strives to provide customers/clients with personalized and efficient service. Anticipates customers'/clients' needs. Quickly follows up on customer/client contacts and complaints. Monitors and acts on measures of customer/client satisfaction.
Preferred Experience / Education
The following indicates specific industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and performance deliverables.
- 10+ years of direct work experience in a senior management capacity in sales and sales management
- Strong experience in all aspects of sales, including growth strategies, account development, and business planning.
- Strong track record in developing and mentoring sales organizations
- Experience with strategically positioning, differentiating and selling premium brands
- A dominant 'hunting' rather than 'farming' orientation
- Experience selling services to large, complex accounts.
- Exceptional team skills
- Values based, passionate individual for whom 'making a contribution' matters.
Remuneration & Benefits
Highly competitive compensation package for the successful candidate