Professional Services - Partner – Southwestern Ontario
THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.About the Company
Our client is one of the largest chartered accountancy and business advisory firms in Canada. Our client provides accounting, business consulting, and taxation advice to both public and private sector clients. Led by a highly dynamic, leadership team our client is ‘national in scope and local in focus.’
Scope of Position
Our client seeks to bring on a senior accounting executive in the role of Partner, for the Southwestern Region of Ontario.
The Partner will contribute to the profitability of the firm by maintaining and growing the general enterprise practice. Working from Waterloo or Cambridge office and reporting to the Managing Partner in the Region, the successful candidate will collaborate with other professionals in the Region in business development activities for the firm. Broadly speaking, the successful candidate will work with other partners in the Region to develop the practice and brand in the Region and build the Region’s overall practice and profitability.
- Maintain and grow relationships with existing clients as well as proactively develop new relationships and business through networking and general business development activities.
- Provide leadership, guidance and mentorship to other members in the Region.
- Recruit, train, supervise, and evaluate department staff.
- Continue to develop industry knowledge and expertise.
- Coordinate appraisal, asset evaluation and capitalization activities.
The following competencies listed below define the role of Partner:
Drive Adopts an energetic approach. Works towards goals and willingly tackles demanding tasks. Demonstrates capacity for sustained effort and hard work over long periods of time, even in the face of adversity.
Role Expertise Demonstrates critical technical or professional knowledge/skills related to the role. Has thorough knowledge of relevant products, services and methods. Expands technical knowledge/skills and keeps up-to-date in own area of expertise.
Strives to provide customers/clients with personalized and efficient service. Anticipates customers'/clients' needs. Quickly follows up on customer/client contacts. Monitors and acts on measures of customer/client satisfaction.
Problem Solving Draws parallels across situations and contexts. Divides problems into their individual elements. Develops several explanations or alternatives. Separates the core of a problem from its symptoms and can identify cause and effect.
Commercial Acumen Applies appropriate commercial and financial principles. Understands situations in terms of costs, profits, added-value and return on investment. Appreciates the commercial impact of own work on the organization's total expenses and revenues.
Industry & Market Awareness Seeks to anticipate and respond to industry and market changes/challenges by understanding key characteristics, issues and the factors driving them. Aware of competitor's products, services and position.
Focuses strongly on achieving agreed upon outcomes and ensures that key objectives are met. Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure. Aims to improve upon past performance. Establishes aggressive personal targets and strives to achieve them.
Impact Makes an immediate positive impression upon others. Has presence and commands respect. Comes across with force and quickly establishes credibility. Accurately predicts the effects of own words and actions. Makes an immediate positive impression upon others.
Preferred Experience / Education
The following indicates specific industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and performance deliverables.
- Bachelor Degree in Finance, Commerce or Administration with a CA designation and 10-15 years of public accounting practice;
- Hands-on experience in working with entrepreneurial, owner-operator, mid-market clients across a broad range of sectors;
- Ability to deliver high quality, profitable services to existing and new clients, while meeting or exceeding personal productivity and business development objectives;
- Prior experience supervising a team and reviewing the work of team staff members and provide timely feedback, both formally and informally;
- Excellent communication skills. Communicates continuously with client, team members, Partners, and engagement team. Plan client engagements while providing expert service.
Remuneration & Benefits
- A generous compensation package commensurate with experience will be discussed with serious and qualified candidates.