Association - President - Ottawa
THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
About the Company
Our Client is Canada’s largest solar trade association that represents approximately 650 solar energy companies throughout the country. They developed a strong, efficient, ethical and professional Canadian solar energy industry that delivers innovative solar energy solutions and which plays a major role in the global transition to a sustainable, clean-energy future.
Scope of Position
The President reports to the Chair of the Board and will be responsible for the direction and execution of all activities of the Association either directly or through delegated authority. This person will provide leadership and create the strategic, tactical and financial plans, development of goals, as well as, liaison with public, government, affiliated organizations and other stakeholders. In addition the person will develop member services and member development along with the development of the Association’s staff.
• Serve as ambassador for the Association to relevant organizations in Canada and internationally.
• Provide leadership in the development of the Association’s statement of vision, mission and goals and the corresponding strategies, plans and budgets to achieve them.
• Act as the spokesperson for the Association.
• Prepare an annual plan and financial budget and present to the Board for approval.
• Review approved plans and budgets as part of the annual planning and budgeting cycle and present recommendations to the Board of directors and/or the appropriate committee or person(s) as designated by the Board.
• Develop and provide appropriate policy recommendations for consideration by the Board.
• Develop and implement priority plans, performance measurements, management controls and critical success factors.
• Propose agendas for the Board reflecting issues, opportunities and priorities.
• Develop and maintain an effective staff organization which provides appropriate policy and program recommendations for consideration by the Board and which delivers services, programs and information beneficial to the members.
• Hire, reward, discipline, terminate and set the remuneration of all the Associations employees except for him/herself in accordance with the policy and/or approved budgets and subject to the approval of the Board.
• Identify, document and articulate the needs of the members to the committees and other forums which exist to serve member needs.
• Promote collaboration with and among the Association’s members to address the needs of members and the mission and goals of the Association.
• Maintain the necessary contacts to keep abreast of emerging issues of significance to the Association.
• Report to the Board as required.
• University degree from an accredited Canadian University
• Strong understanding of:
- Solar technologies and applications (PV and solar thermal)
- the Canadian renewable energy industry
- energy policy, regulatory framework and programs at the federal,
provincial and territorial level
- Ontario Feed-in Tariff program
- government process and how to effect industry change via government
relations and industry relations
• Direct experience in the solar industry (PV and/or Solar Thermal) is a strong asset
• Ability to build and lead a committed and high performing professional team
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Bilingual candidates are preferred
Remuneration and Benefits
Compensation and benefits are commensurate with experience and qualifications.