Marketing Technology Software - Vice President Sales
THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
Our client is a leading provider of on-demand marketing, sales, and ecommerce platforms.
The Company’s Marketing Cloud offers users the power to execute sophisticated email marketing campaigns that match each level of the customer lifecycle, increasing buyer engagement, maximizing conversions and creating a solid ROI. The platform features powerful, yet, easy-to-use analytics, automation and segmentation, all via an intuitive interface.
With the Marketing Cloud, users can easily create and send emails targeted at your audience. The technology and relationships with ISPs ensure your messages get to the inbox, as intended. It is slated for an upcoming launch of its newest platforms.
The Sales Cloud, a powerful and robust CRM offering will provide clients with sales tools and sales automation software for effective process management.
The Infrastructure Cloud will offer clients with a solid set of features and tools catered towards needs related to Software as a Service (SaaS) and Platform as a Service (PaaS), in addition to many more topics relevant to cloud computing.
Scope of Position
Reporting to the CEO, and assuming a pivotal position on the management team, the Vice President Sales will be responsible for developing, directing and executing the company's sales strategy for its content marketing and sales platform into the enterprise markets.
Working as a ‘player/coach’ the VP, Sales will drive top line results while building an effective and scalable inside sales and lead generation organization.
This is an outstanding opportunity that features:
• Strong industry and company growth
• Proven, innovative technology
• Highly entrepreneurial culture
• An opportunity to make a real difference
This role will appeal to individuals that are not satisfied with just ‘hitting-their-numbers’, but are driven to set new standards of performance in this emerging and exciting online field of marketing. The successful candidates will need to demonstrate tenacity in the pursuit of closing deals.
- Develop specific plans and strategies for market capture to achieve the company’s aggressive revenue and profit objectives.
- Take a major role in key account relationships, closing complex deals and building ongoing relationships.
- Hire, train, organize and effectively deploy a high performing sales organization. Architect the team ensuring that it has the resources, processes and operational capabilities by which to outperform and scale.
- Establish sales metrics and KPIs.
- Develop and implement enhanced sales processes to monitor sales funnels and forecasts. Establish a repeatable sales model incorporating a strong value proposition for the different client markets and geographies.
- Focus the team to accelerate and drive the growth of the business, new market development, sector leadership and profitability.
- Maintain, improve, and create senior level relationships with existing customers with a view to driving additional revenues.
- Ensure operational milestones are met on time, with high quality - and that they meet the cost objectives that are established.
- Remain abreast of the industry, competitors and trends.
- Report regularly and proactively to senior management on results and plans going forward.
- Adapt business model to capitalize on evolving customer needs and new competitive offerings.
- Participate in the company’s strategy planning sessions bringing forward innovative ideas and plans to bring the company to the next level.
- Assist with corporate positioning and competitive analysis, customer segment selection and penetration plans, and related product positioning.
- Create a sales culture of success and ongoing goal achievement
- Define and coordinate sales training programs, coaching and mentorships that enable sales team to achieve their potential and support company sales objectives.
- Where appropriate, act as a spokesperson for the company with press and analysts and at industry events.
Key Performance Deliverables
In light of the identified responsibilities, the following are specific deliverables that the position is designed to achieve.
- Specific measures of performance relating to revenues, customer acquisition, profitability, customer satisfaction, etc. will be discussed and agreed upon with the successful candidate
The following competencies listed below define the role of Vice-President Sales at our client.
Focuses strongly on achieving agreed upon outcomes and ensures that key objectives are met. Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure. Aims to improve upon past performance. Establishes aggressive personal targets and strives to achieve them.
Proactive. Seizes opportunities and acts upon them immediately. Takes responsibility for own actions and addresses problems before asked.
Helps to create a sense of team spirit and harmonious relations through cooperation and support. Balances personal goals with those of the team. Fosters collaboration among team members. A highly collaborative leader that can effectively work across a broader leadership team in a proactive and collaborative manner.
Strives to provide customers/clients with personalized and efficient service. Anticipates customers'/clients' needs. Quickly follows up on customer/client contacts and complaints. Monitors and acts on measures of customer/client satisfaction.
Industry & Market Awareness
Seeks to anticipate and respond to industry and market changes/challenges by understanding key characteristics, issues and the factors driving them. Aware of competitor's products, services and position.
Preferred Experience / Education
The following indicates specific industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and performance deliverables.
- A highly intelligent, hands-on sales executive with superb communication and interpersonal skills and a willingness to roll-up his/her sleeves.
- Understands market trends and analyzes customer buying patterns. Takes an organized and systemic approach to selling.
- Actively participates in the sales process, including interacting with potential and current customers.
- Has very practical and concrete orientation towards the selling process that emphasizes being responsive and action-orientated.
- Takes an approach to selling which emphasizes setting very high standards for achievement, and a strong results orientation
- Minimum of 5-10 years of selling experience with at least five years in a leadership capacity with specific revenue growth responsibilities.
- Previous experience in a SaaS based company required.
- Early stage experience where the sales leader leads from the front and must wear multiple hats.
- Strong team orientation well-suited to building consensus in a growing concern.
- Toronto-based or willingness to relocate to Toronto.
- A charismatic, inspirational leader rather than manager.
Remuneration & Benefits
- Highly competitive, industry-leading package comprised of base salary, and performance bonus.