Packaging Manufacturing – Plant Manager
This role will particularly appeal to a manufacturing-based operations executive who is motivated by the opportunity to make a significant contribution to the growth and development of this innovative, market-leading company. The ideal candidate will have several years of management experience in the high-volume manufacturing industry.
About the Company
Our client is a GTA based, mid-sized specialty packaging manufacturer with a reputation for very high-quality products. It has established an excellent track record with clients across North America and has continuously expanded with existing customers and with new client acquisition. With ongoing capital investment, and a commitment to innovation, the manufacturing facility is highly efficient and state of the art. The growth of the business has created the need for a new plant manager.
Scope of Position
The Plant Manager will lead a team of 6 Management and Engineering Professionals within the business overseeing 70 production staff.
Reporting to the Vice President, the Plant Manager will be responsible for a wide range of functions including, but not limited to, those set out below:
- Oversee and manage daily operations.
- Ensure that a high level of quality is maintained throughout all aspects of production.
- Ensure established operating and financial performance targets are achieved, develop and lead team(s) to measure and exceed these targets.
- Manage all production commitments, ensuring they are within allocated budget and timelines, to meet targets and ensure efficient use of labor and materials.
- Provide exceptional service for customers, employees and suppliers.
- Manage the flow of production and develop strategies to improve quality, efficiency and overall flow of production.
- Research and implement technologies to ensure production and product quality improvement.
- Interview, select and oversee training, monitor and evaluate employee’s progress.
- Manage and further develop internal training programs, utilizing available training resources on a regular basis.
- Develop and foster individual and collective communication within the team.
- Ensure the implementation and compliance of all safety policies and procedures,
- Provide leadership and coaching with the management team and drive the implementation of manufacturing best practices.
- Other duties as required in a rapidly evolving environment.
- 10 years or more demonstrated success in Manufacturing/ Industry operations leadership position
- Bachelor degree or diploma in a technical/trades discipline or a non-technical discipline with technical experience in the manufacturing role
- Knowledge of SAP, Oracle, Microsoft Dynamics or similar ERP System.
In addition to the qualifications above candidates must demonstrate the following competencies:
- Quality Orientation. Strives for excellence in products, processes and/or services through continued evaluation, enhancement and redefinition of quality standards.
- People Management. Adapts management style to achieve optimum results. Clarifies roles and responsibilities. Establishes and communicates clear priorities and sense of direction.
- Innovation. Brings various perspectives and approaches together, combining them in a creative fashion to implement effective improvements. Challenges existing assumptions. Generates new ideas. Goes beyond the status quo.
- Customer/Client Orientation. Anticipates customers'/clients' needs. Monitors and acts on measures of customer/client satisfaction. Quickly follows up on customer/client contacts and complaints. Strives to provide customers/clients with personalized and efficient service.
- Results Orientation. Aims to improve upon past performance. Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure. Establishes aggressive personal targets and strives to achieve them. Focuses strongly on achieving agreed upon outcomes and ensures that key objectives are met
Remuneration & Benefits
- Attractive, highly competitive compensation package for the successful candidate
If interested, please contactPaul Hudson StoneWood Group, Toronto Bus: 416-365-9494 Ext. 222 firstname.lastname@example.org