Omni-Channel Retail Solutions – Director of Sales, Toronto/Ottawa/Montreal
THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
About the Company
Client recognizes that the way the retail world engages customers is shifting to an entirely new model. Such a change requires the creation of an evolved ecosystem, one that supports not only the customer, but also our clients and the technology behind the omni-channel engagement. Thus, they have developed a highly engaging business process that is the ultimate of omni-channel customer engagement solutions across your online and physical stores that will help increase your conversion metrics with your customers.
Their Mobile Suite – Mobile Applications for Customers and In-Store Staff – enables retailers to engage their customers in a fully bi-modal manner, combining mobile device in-store scan and pay functionality with recommendation advertising, and more. Their P.A.C.E. Omni-Channel Intelligent Automation Solution takes their clients into a new realm of omni-channel sales and marketing automation, while their Data Connectivity Professional Services create the platform on which their clients’ business ecosystem flourishes.
Although Client is an early stage high-growth company, it is a spinoff of an established 40-year-old company that has made the Branham 300 list of the Top Canadian ICT companies the last 3 years running.
Scope of Position
The Director of Sales will report to the Chief Customer Officer and will focus on closing new name accounts for the company. The ideal candidate will be a top-performer with a history of success selling software solutions to retailers. Your experience will allow you to easily identify top prospects and establish the critical multi-level relationships that will allow you to understand their specific business needs and position the company’s solution. As such, this role will require extensive travel.
In addition, the Director of Sales is responsible for performing sales activities, to generate leads and qualified opportunities for the purpose of closing deals that will achieve revenue and gross margin targets. The Director of Sales will contribute to the company’s marketing plan, which will be structured to meet the organization’s business goals. The Director of Sales also works within the sales and support teams for the achievement of customer satisfaction, revenue generation, and long-term account goals in line with company vision and values.
Focuses strongly on achieving agreed upon outcomes and ensures that key objectives are met; Embraces a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure; Aims to improve upon past performance; Establishes aggressive personal targets and strives to achieve them.
Industry & Market Awareness
Seeks to anticipate and respond to industry and market changes/challenges by understanding key characteristics, issues and the factors driving them; Aware of competitor's products, services and position.
Strives to provide customers/clients with personalized and efficient service; Anticipates customers'/clients' needs. Quickly follows up on customer/client contacts and complaints; Monitors and acts on measures of customer/client satisfaction.
Adopts an energetic approach; Works towards goals and willingly tackles demanding tasks; Demonstrates capacity for sustained effort and hard work over long periods of time, even in the face of adversity.
- Responsible for lead generation of qualified prospects.
- Demonstrates technical selling skills and product knowledge in order to effectively present and close opportunities.
- Work with Senior Management formulate a sales plan and be a voice of the customer on where Client’s resources (sales, marketing, development, etc) should be prioritized to drive success.
- Develops annual business plan in conjunction with Sales Manager, which details activities to follow during the fiscal year, which will focus the Sales Associate on meeting or exceeding sales quota.
- Complete understanding of pricing and proposal models.
- Demonstrates the ability to carry on a business conversation with senior executives and decision makers.
- Sells consultatively, at all levels, and makes recommendations to prospects and clients of the various solutions the company offers to their business issues.
- Develops a database of qualified leads through referrals, telephone canvassing, face-to-face networking, and warm and cold calling.
- Creates and conducts effective proposal presentations and RFP responses that identify prospects business problems, the effects of the problems, and the solutions to their problems.
- Responsible for sourcing and developing client relationships and referrals.
- Responsible for identifying and building effective ‘centers of influence’ with other professionals to maximize revenue.
- Maintains accurate records of all sales and prospecting activities and data including sales calls, presentations, closed sales, proposals, pricing, contacts, and follow-up activities within the CRM or other company-specified programs.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the team.
- Drive new name account acquisition of referenceable customers within North America.
- Manage the inside sales resource, and as business grows, build a successful sales team.
- Identify and connect with key decision-makers, and build executive sponsorship within accounts to drive Client’s initiatives.
- Work in collaboration with Partners when appropriate to close new business.
- Create and maintain regular reports and analysis of sales including reports and dashboards using salesforce.com.
- Represent Client in a variety of external conferences to promote products and services.
- Based on your subject matter expertise of retail, anticipate and make recommendation to Product Management on new developments that will impact Client’s future business.
The following indicates specific industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and performance deliverables.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred
- Eight plus years of sales experience, selling a service or customized solution in a retail environment, with a verifiable accomplished background in business development.
- Track record of over-achieving quota.
- Extensive knowledge of the retail domain – including contacts at the decision making level
- Demonstrated ability to successfully present to, and network with, C level executives.
- Proven ability to negotiate deals, explain terms and conditions, and comfortable presenting business cases which are heavy with financial metrics and KPIs.
- Proven ability to orchestrate teams including technical and channel partners.
- Proven ability to identify, qualify, and prioritize prospects.
- Skilled at establishing and building relationships with senior level management and fully understanding their business needs.
- Skilled in the use of CRMs (preferably Salesforce) and embraces the system as a necessary tool to efficiently manage the sales process.
- Previous Sales Methodology training.
- Ability to think strategically and act tactically, with the energy and organizational skills to take on whatever role and do whatever is needed to get the job done.
- Willingness and ability to undertake travel to customers often and when needed.
- Has sold to a head of store operations and/or Chief Digital Officer and/or Chief Marketing Officer or head of Brand management.
- Experience with enterprise software solutions and large, complex organizations.
- Extensive experience in all aspects of Supplier Relationship Management.
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements.
- Willingness to travel and work in a global team of professionals.
- Exemplary interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to collaborate with clients.
- Excellent presentation and presentation development skills.
- Strong writing skills.
- Demonstrated organizational and project management skills a MUST, especially prioritizing and managing multiple deals and program set-ups simultaneously.
- Independent problem analysis and resolution with a win-win approach.
Remuneration & Benefits
- Competitive Base Salary + Variable Incentive Compensation + benefits