Messaging Software - Vice-President Sales
About the Comapny
Our client’s mission is to humanize the relationships between businesses and their customers.
With over 4 billion messaging accounts worldwide, people spend more time messaging than any other activity online. This shift, combined with the power of conversation at scale, creates an opportunity to make interaction with the brands we trust more useful, more immediate, more intimate, and ultimately more human.
As consumers grow to demand personal and human communication on a wide variety of channels, businesses are looking to their software vendors and partners to innovate and deliver these customer experiences.
Our client’s real-time conversational platform empowers software makers to create the conversational experiences their customers will love. Across any messaging channel, their platform features, unified API and integrations let software makers focus on delivering the best possible experiences within their products. They measure their success by how much they simplify access to, and bring understanding of, the constantly evolving world of messaging and conversational technology.
Though their market remains in its infancy, no company has accomplished more than our client. With major prestigious accounts already in-hand market momentum is building. The time is perfect for the organization to add its first VP Sales.
Scope of Position
Reporting to the CEO, and assuming a pivotal position on the management team, the Vice President Sales will be responsible for developing, directing and executing the company's sales strategy for both current and future product offerings. Driving top line results, the Vice-President Sales will act as a key sales interface and will be responsible for revenue growth across all customer, geographic and product segments.
The Vice-President Sales will also be tasked with refining the sales process and channel model, and leading the sales team with a demonstrated, hands-on approach while rapidly scaling the company’s sales engine.
This role features:
- A high growth, explosive market
- A market leading position
- A seasoned executive team
- 100% self-funded growth
- An opportunity to make a real-difference.
- Lead the development/refinement of sales strategies and execute the tactical implementation of the plans across the company’s entire portfolio of products including specific regional strategies.
- Establish sales metrics and KPIs and to develop and implement enhanced sales processes to monitor accurate sales funnels and forecasts. Establish a repeatable sales model incorporating a strong value proposition for the different client markets and geographies.
- Establish compensation, training, and sales incentive programs.
- Oversee the integration and optimization of sales operations of acquired companies into the operational structure.
- Take a major role in major account relationships, closing complex deals and building ongoing partnerships – lead the firm is driving growth to both ISVs and major brands
- Refine pricing policies, including volume discounts and terms and conditions, for high-profile customers and channel partners.
- Participate in the company’s strategy planning sessions bringing forward innovative ideas and plans to bring the company to the next level.
- Assist with corporate positioning and competitive analysis, customer segment selection and penetration plans, and related product positioning.
- Where appropriate, act as a spokesperson for the company with press and analysts and at industry events.
- Evaluate and improve current strategic alliance agreements, as well as identify and develop new strategic alliances, and enable the channels to close/grow new major customer accounts.
- Identify new product opportunities and contribute to the overall development of product roadmaps for the organization as well as the pricing and positioning of new products in the marketplace.
Key Performance Deliverables
In light of the identified responsibilities, the following are specific deliverables that the position is designed to achieve.
- Specific measures of performance will be discussed and agreed upon with the successful candidate.
The following competencies listed below define the role of Vice-President Sales - Software:
Focuses strongly on achieving agreed upon outcomes and ensures that key objectives are met. Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure. Aims to improve upon past performance. Establishes aggressive personal targets and strives to achieve them.
Planning & Objective Setting
Systematic in approach to work. Produces action plans in which objectives are defined and steps for achieving them are clearly specified. Plans by breaking down large task into subtasks. Develops plans that anticipate obstacles. Is realistic about time-scales and builds in appropriate checkpoints, milestones and controls in order to ensure that desired results are realized.
Strives to provide customers/clients with personalized and efficient service. Anticipates customers'/clients' needs. Quickly follows up on customer/client contacts and complaints. Monitors and acts on measures of customer/client satisfaction.
Establishes and communicates clear priorities and sense of direction. Clarifies roles and responsibilities. Adapts management style to achieve optimum results.
Develops a strategic plan to realize the vision. Revises strategy in light of changing circumstances. Takes a long-term view of organizational success. Works to clarify long term organizational goals. Able to stand back from immediate problems in order to focus on more far reaching ideas.
Proactive. Seizes opportunities and acts upon them immediately. Takes responsibility for own actions and addresses problems before asked.
Integrity & Sincerity
Inspires trust and supports others through own authenticity and following up on commitments. Maintains high ethical standards both personally and professionally. Shows consistency among principles.
Demonstrates critical technical or professional knowledge/skills related to the role. Has thorough knowledge of relevant products, services and methods. Expands technical knowledge/skills and keeps up-to-date in own area of expertise.
Preferred Experience / Education
The following indicates specific industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and performance deliverables.
- A University Degree in Business or Technology. M.B.A preferred
- 10-15 years progressive sales leadership experience with at least 5 years in a senior executive management position with an enterprise software vendor
- Early stage experience and understanding
- A sophisticated knowledge of how to build and manage large high performing teams.
- A sophisticated understanding or the processes and metrics required for sales success
- A bias for action combined with a hands-on approach and an entrepreneurial spirit. The ability to lead from the front and by example.
Remuneration & Benefits
- Highly competitive base, variable and equity package for the successful candidate.
If interested, please contact:
|StoneWood Group, Toronto|
|Bus. (416) 365-9494 Ext. 777|
|Mob. (416) 889-9494|