Medical Marijuana - Chief Executive Officer
THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
About the Client
Client is a Public licensed medical marijuana company Canada and, as the leader in this industry, plans to maintain its position by aggressively pursuing the market and continuing to be the largest and most-recognized player in the space. The Company has been focused on achieving production capability and is now prepared for exponential growth, consolidating its dominant position in the industry.
Client is a Canadian-owned and publicly traded company established to supply medical marijuana to treat symptoms such as chronic pain, seizures, muscle spasms, nausea and loss of appetite.
As a leader in the medical marijuana industry, not just in Canada but worldwide, Client has attracted media attention from across the globe. Strong brand recognition, paired with unparalleled customer service and high quality cannabis, has brought Client to the forefront of this expanding industry. Having the opportunity to shape the future of a corporation such as our Client is rare, and we look forward to welcoming a new CEO who will take the Company to the next level of success.
Scope of Position
Reporting to the Executive Chairman of the Board, the CEO will be responsible for leveraging the positive momentum to date and continue to significantly drive and accelerate revenue and profit growth. He/she will review the current vision for the business and set a strategic market direction. This includes providing operational integration via day-to-day leadership for the management team members in defining, developing, and implementing production targets, client acquisition, finance, and medical community engagement strategies and programs.
The ideal candidate is a highly intelligent, strategically-minded executive with superb communication and interpersonal skills, a willingness to roll-up his/her sleeves and work at a pace commensurate with the growth expected in the Company. This person will need to work effectively with the Board of Directors, shareholders and employees, helping to drive the Company’s growth. The individual will have a track record of success and a solid reputation for significantly scaling and managing a profitable business.
This hands-on leader will be required to define business processes, within a regulatory environment. He/she will be prepared to take action and make a direct impact on the business while communicating results regularly to all key stakeholders. This person will make timely decision based on the information made available so that the business moves forward with the pace necessary to capture market opportunities.
Demonstrated ability to:
- Continually review, measure progress and revise the vision for Client in this new industry and set a strategic direction. This includes assessing the Company’s existing business model and practices to determine the appropriate strategic roadmap that will generate increased revenue each quarter. This will include evolving the supply chain to be first mover on new products, new distribution paradigms, additional M&A and challenging the value proposition targeted for all stakeholders.
- Develop and execute on a day-to-day measured goals that drive excellence across the organization, leveraging best-of-class processes, technology and team members to meet and exceed customer expectations as measured by output, efficiency and profit;
- Along with the Executive Chairman of the Board this person will represent the Company to the investment community, customers and partners and if required additional sources of funding. The new CEO must be able to articulate a compelling story around the Company’s products, value proposition and competitive advantage that will be leveraged to a winning position.
- Provide ongoing direction, performance management, results measurement and developmental support of the executive team against all functional areas;
- Build personal credibility within the organization through strong management, day-to-day interaction and interpersonal skills, sound judgment, and genuine care and concern for colleagues and employees;
- Foster a culture of team spirit and innovation;
- Participate as a member of the Board of Directors providing up-to-date information on the Company’s key performance indicators on a quarterly basis;
The following indicates specific industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and performance deliverables:
- Degree in Business, Economics or equivalent related work experience. Science degree or MBA would be an asset.
- 3 to 5 years as a President or CEO of rapid growth company and 10-15 years’ of management experience.
- Proven entrepreneurial experience with appropriate financial, market and business acumen in scaling businesses.
- Experience successfully managing a high-growth organization and successfully managing the challenges as the Company scales from in the $2-100M range and significant revenue/profit growth over a relatively short period of time.
- Experience in B2C markets where the channel is critical to sales success and e-commerce and online fulfillment is core to the supply chain.
- Although public company experience is an asset it is not a necessity. However the candidate should have been exposed to a public company process.
- A driving management style, which leverages the strengths of the existing team while stretching and motivating them in attaining breakthrough results.
- Track record defined in part by the ability to consistently execute on their commitments.
- Strong business leadership in emerging markets or business marked by a sense of urgency and a demonstrable track record of accelerating growth.
Remuneration and Benefits
Competitive salary and bonus structure commensurate with experience, as well as stock option package.