Manufacturing - Vice President of Operations, BC
THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
About the Company
Our client is a mid-sized niche manufacturing business in a growing marketplace. It has established an excellent reputation with clients and has expanded aggressively into the US market. The company was recently acquired by a private equity backed competitor in a friendly takeover. The overall goal is continued, profitable growth through organic sales and acquisitions.
Scope of Position
The VP Operations, requires a minimum of ten years of hands-on operations / fabrication management experience. The successful candidate will be directly responsible for all day-to-day activities at the facility, including daily manufacturing activity, customer deliveries of completed products, weekly production planning, coordination of technical services, project management, automation, installation & after sales support, employee training and related matters, and ensure adherence to all facility and employee Health and Safety requirements, facility quality assurance and the Quality Management System.
Reporting to the VP Operations will be:
- Plant Manager
- Engineering Team Lead
- Project Management Team Lead
- Head of Technical Services & After Sales Support
- Head of Automation
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Vice President of Operations is responsible for a wide range of functions including, but not limited to, those set out below:
- Oversee and manage daily operations,
- Ensure established operating and financial performance targets are achieved, develop and lead team(s) to measure and exceed these targets,
- Manage all production commitments, ensuring they are within allocated budget and timelines, to meet targets and ensure efficient use of labor and materials,
- Provide exceptional service for customers, employees and suppliers.
- Manage the flow of production and develop strategies to improve quality, efficiency and overall flow of production,
- Research and implement technologies to ensure production and product quality improvement,
- Interview, select and oversee training, monitor and evaluate each employee’s progress,
- Manage and further develop internal training programs, utilizing available training resources on a regular basis.
- Develop and foster individual and collective communication within the team(s),
- Review Safety requirements; ensure the implementation and compliance of all safety policies and procedures,
- Provide leadership and coaching with the management team and drive the implementation of manufacturing best practices,
- Participate in the Quality Management System,
- Other duties as required in a rapidly evolving environment.
- Proven ability to organize, prioritize and multi-task,
- Strong time management skills,
- Attention to detail,
- Practical and effective problem solver, ability to “think on your feet”,
- Work well under pressure while maintaining positive attitude,
- Ambitious, self-starter with a sense of urgency,
- Persistent and result –orientated,
- Track record of overachieving,
- High level of pride in one’s work,
- Superior communication skills, both written and oral,
- Excellent interpersonal skills,
- Relationship builder with an outgoing personality,
- Strong ability to work independently and as part of a team,
- Maintains appropriate levels of optimism and enthusiasm,
- Strong technical aptitude,
- Demonstrate safe work practices,
- Punctual and reliable.
- 10 years or more demonstrated success in Manufacturing/ Industry operations leadership position
- Bachelor degree or diploma in a technical/trades discipline or a non-technical discipline with technical experience in the manufacturing role
- Detailed knowledge of stainless steel tank and vessel fabrication considered an asset
- Adept at using MS Office products, including Excel
- Knowledge of SYSPRO or similar ERP System, considered an asset
Remuneration & Benefits
- Attractive, highly competitive compensation package for the successful candidate