Manufacturing - SVP Sales and Marketing - Canada
THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
Our client is a successful capital equipment provider with manufacturing operations in Canada and the US and sales around the world.The Company has grown organically and through acquisition and is seeking a senior sales leader to help accelerate growth and lead the transition from a reactive to highly proactive and outbound focused sales team.The Company has a long and successful track record in its industry, with a strong market share position across its brands, and is sponsored by a leading private equity firm.
Scope of Position
Reporting to the CEO, the SVP Sales & Marketing will oversee the design, enhancement, implementation, reporting, and oversight of the Company’s global sales and marketing activities.
- Contribute to the overall management of the business.
- Work with the CEO to develop the strategic vision, key sales & marketing imperatives, operational roadmap and key performance indicators to achieve short, medium and long-term growth aspirations.
- Work with the appropriate stakeholders to define how the multiple brands will go-to-market (including brand positioning, pricing, service & solutions offerings, new market and geographic expansations, and sale processes/tactics).
- Oversee the management of the Company's day-to-day sales & marketing efforts to meet budget and other financial goals, including prioritization of opportunities and managing key sales/high priorty strategic accounts.
- Provide status updates and reports to CEO on the overall sales funnel, perforamnce across each phase of the sales cycle, and day-to-day activities of the sales & marketing organizations.
- Present to Board of Directors and participate in strategic offsites.
- Lead the post-acquisition sales activities, including integration efforts and parts, service and solutions sales. Identify and deploy best/repeatable processes across the organization.
- Motivate and lead the sales management team; foster a success-oriented, data-drive, and accountable environment within the organization.
- Lead the team to develop and prepare short-term and long-range plans and budgets based upon broad organization goals and objectives. Recommends their adoption to the CEO.
- Through the marketing team, foster effective lead generation activities that will increase awareness, consideration, and ultimately sales in an increasingly digital-first environment.
- Develop strategies to overcome or eliminate obstacles that may hindr effective sales techniques.
- Work closely with the estimating organization on timely and realistic quotes for existing and prospective clients. Supervise negotiation, calculation and preparation of client quotations.
- Continually research and develop new applications for products and services offered.
The following competencies listed below define the role of Senior Vice President Sales and Marketing:
Focuses strongly on achieving agreed upon outcomes and ensures that key objectives are met. Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure. Aims to improve upon past performance. Establishes aggressive personal targets and strives to achieve them.
Applied appropriate commercial and financial principles. Understands situations in terms of costs, profits, added-value and return on investment. Appreciates the commercial impact of own work on the organization's total expenses and revenues.
Adopts an energetic approach. Works towards goals and willingly tackles demanding tasks. Demonstrates capacity for sustained effort adn hard work over long periods of time, even in the face of adversity.
Strives to provide customers/clients with personalized and efficient service. Anticipates customers'/clients' needs. Quickly follows up on customer/client contacts and complaints. Monitors and acts on measures of customer/client satisfaction.
The following indicates specific industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and performance deliverables.
- 10-15 years of experience in sales and marketing of industrial products including experience in multi-brand environments.
- Experience selling engineered products would be a distinct asset.
Remuneration & Benefits
- Attractive, highly competitive compensation package for the successful candidate.
If interested, please contact:
Paul Hudson Natalia Scodino
StoneWood Group, Toronto StoneWood Group, Toronto
Bus: 416-365-9494 Ext. 222 Bus: 416-365-9494 Ext. firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com