Manufacturing - Chief Financial Officer, BC/Atlantic Canada
THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
About the Company
This role will particularly appeal to a finance professional who is motivated by the opportunity to make a significant contribution to the growth and development of this company which is a leader in its unique market niche. The ideal candidate will be a Chartered Accountant or Chartered Professional Accountant who is currently a leader in a similarly sized manufacturing enterprise and who is looking for a challenging growth environment.
Our client is a private equity backed manufacturing business in a growing marketplace. It has established an excellent reputation with clients and has expanded aggressively into the US market. The company has recently acquired a competitor in a friendly takeover. The overall goal is continued, profitable growth through organic sales and acquisitions.
The Chief Financial Officer is responsible for a wide range of functions including, but not limited to, those set out below:
- Act as a key business partner to the CEO and the operating team providing financial guidance and counsel on all matters relating to the finance function including strategic business planning, budgeting and forecasting, business analysis, and corporate growth strategies. Take ownership for results along with the management team.
- Provide hands-on leadership, guidance, mentorship and performance management to the finance staff in the organization.
- Oversee and manage the accounting, tax, insurance, budget, credit and treasury and capital structure functions ensuring that the interests of all stakeholders are served.
- Leverage a detailed understanding of 'what's driving the numbers' to act as a key strategic and operational contributor to the overall growth of the business.
- Ensure appropriate internal controls are in place for the benefit of all stakeholders.
- Manage relationship with audit firm for annual audit/income tax activities and all related matters.
- Oversee the management and coordination of all fiscal reporting activities for the organization including: organizational revenue/expense and balance sheet reports.
- Serve as a champion for enterprise excellence and the maximizing of value creation.
- Ensure that finance organization is structured and sized so as to be optimally aligned to the needs of the business.
- Oversee all purchasing and payroll activity for staff and participants.
- Manage investor relations with a view to accurately yet positively representing the company in the public and financial marketplaces. Ensure that communication remains a top priority throughout
- Manage banking and other stakeholder relationships.
- Manage financial relationships/contracts with investors, debtors, suppliers, customers and partners along with the CEO and other team members.
- Ensure compliance to securities statutory and regulatory reporting requirements.
- Effectively manage the company's cash and securities position and drive any supplementary initiatives deemed necessary by the company.
- Remain informed about the business, put measurements and reporting dashboards into place enabling real time assessment of performance and 'what's over the horizon'.
- Ensure that IT is not only aligned to the needs of the business but enables its growth.
- Attend Board and Subcommittee meetings; including being the lead staff on the Audit/Finance Committee.
- Ensure adequate cash flow to meet the organization's needs.
- Strong work ethic and personal integrity.
- A willingness to collaborate as part of an established management team in a privately owned and managed company.
- Initiative and creativity beyond carrying out assigned responsibilities according to previously accepted practices.
- Persistent and result-oriented with a track record of overachieving.
- Practical and effective problem solver, ability to “think on your feet”.
- Work well under pressure while maintaining positive attitude.
- Excellent leadership & team-building skills.
- Proven ability to manage, coach and develop accounting staff.
- Ability to communicate and work with all levels of the organization.
- Strong judgment and decision-making skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Superior oral and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to organize, prioritize and multi-task.
- High level of pride in one’s work.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good sense of humour.
- Punctual and reliable.
- An undergraduate degree in Commerce, Finance, or Accounting from a recognized university.
- A recognized accounting designation (CA or CPA).
- A minimum of 15 years’ proven success in hands-on financial leadership.
- In-depth knowledge of manufacturing industry and the KPI’s that dominate this industry.
Remuneration & Benefits
- Attractive, highly competitive compensation package for the successful candidate
- CANDIDATES MUST BE WILLING TO CONSIDER EMPLOYMENT IN EITHER BC OR ATLANTIC CANADA