Managing Director, North America Sales – West/Mid-West
About the Company
Headquartered in Toronto, our client is a leading innovator and manufacturer of recycled rubber vibration and sound control systems to the global construction industry.
Trusted by architects, builders, and acoustical consultants worldwide, our client’s products provide cost-effective acoustical solutions that comply with and exceed local building requirements. Our client’s mission is to deliver the highest value to its customers with unparalleled industry solutions built on innovative technologies, deep technical knowledge and feature-rich end products. The firm was recently recognized as one of Canada’s best managed companies.
With an expanding global footprint, our client now seeks a Managing Director to further develop North American markets while working with and leveraging a team of highly motivated sales engineers. This role will be focused on the West and Mid-West part of North America.
Scope of Position
Reporting to the CEO, the Managing Director, North America – West/Mid-West will oversee, mentor, and grow a highly motivated team of 6-8 individuals responsible for all sales, marketing, and business development activities across North America West and Mid-West.
This position will be based in the Greater Toronto area, and the successful individual will define, and execute sales, and business development strategies to expand the company’s markets, market share, and improve the overall profitability of the North American business.
As a senior sales executive, the successful candidate will have meaningful input on the direction of future growth for the business while driving all top-line results.
Working as a ‘player/coach’ the successful candidate will drive top line results while building an effective and scalable sales organization.
- Manage and build business for growth:
- Hire new sales engineers, and administrative employees, as appropriate;
- Oversee all sales employees/representatives and their project matrices;
- Responsibility for meeting/exceeding regional sales budgets
- Create specific strategies to drive market growth:
- Identify key contacts - engineers, architects, developers and contractors;
- Identify projects that require acoustical design solutions in their buildings.
- Explore and close new business opportunities:
- Develop technical project-specific strategies that incorporate the company’s products;
- Communicate strategies with key contacts and track the project through design and construction phases;
- Compete by preparing technical responses to objections.
- Become a trusted advisor and resource to the construction community:
- Attend networking events and tradeshows;
- Host presentations and education sessions with key contacts;
- Travel as necessary for business development, on-site time with team members and job-site meetings.
- Contribute to new product development ideas:
- Through involvement in projects, identify problems the company can solve with new innovations;
- Assist in bringing new products to market.
- All other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Key Performance Deliverables
The following are specific deliverables that the position is designed to achieve:
- Achievement of agreed upon sales targets and overall profitability;
- Number of viable projects tracked;
- Number of calls/meetings per week/month;
- Number of specifications/bids generated.
The competencies listed below define the role of Managing Director, North America – West/Mid-West
Adopts an energetic approach. Works towards goals and willingly tackles demanding tasks. Demonstrates capacity for sustained effort and hard work over long periods of time, even in the face of adversity.
Proactive. Seizes opportunities and acts upon them immediately. Takes responsibility for own actions and addresses problems before asked.
Demonstrates critical technical or professional knowledge/skills related to the role. Has thorough knowledge of relevant products, services and methods. Expands technical knowledge/skills and keeps up-to-date in own area of expertise.
Focuses strongly on achieving agreed upon outcomes and ensures that key objectives are met. Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure. Aims to improve upon past performance. Establishes aggressive personal targets and strives to achieve them.
Gathers and interprets all available sources of information. Willing to make solid and quick decisions when necessary. Can commit to a course of action without delay when faced with limited information.
Planning & Objective Setting
Systematic in approach to work. Produces action plans in which objectives are defined and steps for achieving them are clearly specified. Plans by breaking down large task into subtasks. Develops plans that anticipate obstacles. Is realistic about time-scales and builds in appropriate checkpoints, milestones and controls in order to ensure that desired results are realized.
Preferred Experience / Education
The following indicates specific industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and performance deliverables
- Minimum of 7-10 years of experience in technical sales/business development and at least three years in a senior sales management and leadership role;
- Bachelor’s degree from a university in engineering or science with preference given to individuals also having a business degree;
- Demonstrated understanding of the key drivers that affect sales through direct and indirect channels and how to use those levers to achieve desired outcomes;
- Proven track record of achieving sales, retaining customers and generating profitable growth, ideally selling into the development/construction ecosystem;
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written, persuasion and presentation) with a demonstrated ability to overcome ‘hurdles’;
- Preference will be given to individuals with an energetic, positive and ‘can-do’disposition.
Remuneration & Benefits
- Highly competitive compensation package tailored to the successful candidate.
If interested, please contact:
|Sal Rocco StoneWood Group, Toronto Bus: 416-365-9494 Ext. 233 firstname.lastname@example.org||Natalia Scodino StoneWood Group, Toronto Bus: 416-365-9494 Ext. 221 email@example.com|