Manager, Screening & Evaluation, Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
About the Cient
Client operates as a not-for-profit corporation and has been working with the public and private sector including industry, academia, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), the financial community and all levels of government to achieve this mandate.
Client operates funds aimed at the development and demonstration of innovative technological solutions such as address climate change, air quality, clean water, and clean soil, and also supports the establishment of first-of-kind large demonstration-scale facilities for the production of next-generation renewable fuels.
Reporting to the Director, Investment Process, the Manager, Screening and Evaluation is responsible for assessing the validity, feasibility and performance criteria for all applications that’s looking for funding from our Client. Analytical and highly attuned to market realities, the Manager, Screening and Evaluation will work closely with applicants and key stakeholders to clearly define industry needs and market opportunities and identify potential technologies to promote. This position also requires helping applicants identify gaps and build capacity throughout Client’s due diligence process.
There will be a varying number of complex, multi-disciplinary projects in the portfolio. The successful candidate will however demonstrate particular expertise in the areas of information and communication technology solutions. This position also liaises and provides support to all functions of the Client team including Managers of Screening & Evaluation, Funding Advisors, Project Managers and Senior Management on technical and business issues relating to new applicants, existing portfolio companies and key sectors.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Evaluate proposals for potential benefits (environmental and economic) and risks, considering the technology, intellectual property, management capacity, and market opportunity.
- Manage all due diligence activities for assigned applicants that are invited to present a detailed proposal.
- Prepare due diligence summaries for input to management, the review committee, and the Board in order to meet reporting requirements.
- Work with the existing Screening and Evaluation Managers in evaluating the technical and business merits of potential projects.
- Prepare and present sectoral investment priorities and portfolio results to key stakeholders.
- Review and provide feedback for contracted projects on milestone achievements and impacts, project plans, schedules, resources and costs and summarize technical results/outcomes for the management team.
- Recognize the project’s key success indicators and ensure the project requirements and objectives are correctly gathered, understood and properly translated into the appropriate outcomes.
- Provide technical advice and guidance to the managers of Contracts and Projects to support the ongoing success of the approved projects.
- Act as a consultant and advisor in support of portfolio companies and representing key industry sectors. In particular, work with other Client staff to understand and support the needs of the portfolio companies regarding follow-on financing and technology adoption.
Travel will be expected in order to visit with new applicants and existing portfolio companies and project sites. It will vary and is estimated at approximately 15%.
Skills and Knowledge Required
Education: Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Electrical Engineering or equivalent. An MBA or equivalent business experience is highly valued.
- 7-12 progressive years in technology evaluation and business due diligence.
- Experience developing, implementing and/or evaluating information and communication technology solutions that address sustainable development issues in key sectors such as agriculture, energy efficiency, heavy industry, distributed power generation, transportation, and utilization and agriculture
- Experience in one or more of the following: analytics or “big data”, decision support systems, artificial intelligence/machine learning, optimization algorithms, machine-to-machine communication or other relevant information and communication technology backgrounds
- Knowledge of Sustainable Development, and environmental issues.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Proven ability to extract and synthesize key messages from large content of information into investment briefings.
- Team motivation.
- Self-discipline and goal orientation.
- Proven ability to function under time pressures with multiple priorities.