THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
About the Company
Our client, through its subsidiaries, is one of North America’s largest full-service waste management companies, providing non-hazardous solid waste collection, recycling and landfill disposal services for commercial, industrial and residential customers in five Canadian provinces and Ten U.S. States. The Company currently serves approximately 1.8 million customers through vertically integrated collection and disposal assets. Our client is a publicly traded company.
Scope of Position
The position supports the Company’s executive team in the management of proactive investor relations, public relations and employee communications. The successful candidate will assist external financial analysts and the institutional investor base in their understanding and analysis of the Company. As well, the successful candidate will keep current with IR best-practices and trends, analyzes them for business use and internally implementing them seamlessly.
• Act as a spokesperson and first-line of communication for the company with analyst and investor community, as well as media.
• Prepare management for quarterly conference calls, investor and analyst meetings/briefings as well as interviews with journalists.
• Respond to queries from and maintain relationships with institutional investors and analysts
• Analyze and report on investor base changes.
• Maintain record of industry peer group financial data and performance metrics.
• Plan and implement investor events, including AGM’s, investor days, roadshows and on-site meetings.
• Assist in the writing and production of the Annual Report and production of quarterly reports.
• Manage the quarterly conference call preparation process, including preparation of key messages and scripts for quarterly conference calls.
• Work with the Finance department to prepare drafts of quarterly press releases and other reporting documents.
• Manage investor communications (responding to emails and telephone calls).
• Develop and update communication materials, including external presentations and fact sheets.
• Regularly update and ensure accuracy of information on the corporate website.
• Assist with the organization of materials for the annual managers’ meeting.
• Support an ongoing employee communications program, including the writing and production of a quarter newsletter.
Preferred Experience / Education
The following indicates specific industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and performance deliverables.
• BS/BA degree in Communications, Finance, or related field.
• 5+ years of experience in investor relations in a publicly traded company.
• Very strong communication abilities.
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Experience in development and execution of communication strategies.
Remuneration & Benefits
• Competitive base salary and bonus