Managed IT Services - Vice President Sales
THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
About the Company
As a highly specialized IT service provider in the eCommerce space, our client is quickly becoming the go-to hosting partner for leading retailers and other online commerce organizations. The company focuses on supporting leading eCommerce platforms and also offers an array of augmentation services. Services include: fully managed PCI compliance, application performance management, DoS mitigation, content delivery, and load-testing.
With data centers in Toronto ON., Western Canada; and Southern United States, our client continues to gain strong traction across North America working with an increasing number of international enterprises.
The firm's goal is to become the premier eCommerce managed services company in the world and although a lofty target, they are certain that their specialization, differentiation and depth of expertise is their vehicle to that destination.
Scope of Position
Reporting the President and CEO, the Vice President of Sales will: lead and mentor a focused sales team of business development and account managers; further accelerate new hosting sales; retain clients; and increase wallet-share in a base of nearly 400 customers.
The individual our client seeks has the proven experience and know-how to build and nurture a highperformance
- Continually refine and execute effective sales plans that will lead to consistent achievement of monthly, quarterly and yearly sales targets for net new business, along with client expansion and retention
- Strong input into overall strategic and go-to-market planning on a quarterly and yearly basis
- Track, analyze and report key pipeline, opportunity, forecast, and sales productivity metrics and distill insights to improve sales strategies and tacticsManage administrative aspects of the role including territory alignment, compensation planning, performance management, recruiting, on-boarding, virtual-benching, etc.
- Manage formal and documented account and call planning processes for key prospective and client opportunities, along with account retention strategies
- Organize and manage the cadence of reporting processes such as weekly updates and quarterly team business reviews
- Manage, coach and train team to continually improve individual performance and productivity
- Define the longer-term team structure and the roles required to meet future growth targets
Key Performance Deliverables
In light of the identified responsibilities, the following are specific deliverables that the position is designed to achieve.
- Specific performance measures will be agreed upon with the successful candidate prior to joining the organization.
The following competencies listed below define the role of Vice President Sales - Managed IT Services
Establishes and communicates clear priorities and sense of direction. Clarifies roles and responsibilities. Adapts management style to achieve optimum results.
Develops a strategic plan to realize the vision. Revises strategy in light of changing circumstances.Takes a long-term view of organizational success. Works to clarify long term organizational goals. Able to stand back from immediate problems in order to focus on more far reaching ideas.
Makes an immediate positive impression upon others. Has presence and commands respect. Comesa cross with force and quickly establishes credibility. Accurately predicts the effects of own words and actions. Makes an immediate positive impression upon others.
Articulates the key points of an argument persuasively. Negotiates skillfully and convinces others to own point of view. Directly and indirectly impacts the decisions/opinions of others. Mobilizes people into action.
Focuses strongly on achieving agreed upon outcomes and ensures that key objectives are met. Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure. Aims to improve upon past performance. Establishes aggressive personal targets and strives to achieve them.
Strives to provide customers/clients with personalized and efficient service. Anticipates customers'/clients' needs. Quickly follows up on customer/client contacts and complaints. Monitors and acts on measures of customer/client satisfaction.
Expresses ideas in a clear, fluent and concise manner. Written and oral arguments are compelling and responsive to the needs of the audience. Comprehends communications from others and responds appropriately.
Adopts an energetic approach. Works towards goals and willingly tackles demanding tasks. Demonstrates capacity for sustained effort and hard work over long periods of time, even in the face of adversity.
Preferred Experience / Education
The following indicates specific industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications that are
important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and performance
- 10+ years of high-achievement sales experience in the high-tech, B2B space selling complex services – preferably in the hosting space or one closely related
- 5+ years of sales leadership experience with demonstrable results in managing a team of people to consistently over-achieve sales targets
- Expert in finding, developing and retaining top talent
- Demonstrable results in developing sales plans and tactics that grow revenues, increase market share and maintain strong profitability
- Superior relationship building and nurturing skills and ability to influence others stakeholders within the company
- String process and detail orientation with exceptional organizational and planning skills
- Proven success using a sales framework such: as a deal dashboards, MEDDIC, Strategic Selling, etc.
- Expertise in contract management, remediation and negotiating
- Superior written, verbal, presentation, inter-personal skills and proficient with MS Office and CRM
- University degree (business, engineering, computer science preferred), MBA a plus
Remuneration & Benefits
- Competitive salary and bonus structure as well as stock option package commensurate with experience