Information Services - Vice President – Consulting Services - Ottawa
THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
About the Company
Client helps companies measure and manage their most important asset…people.
Client developed a comprehensive suite of business intelligence tools for HR. In addition, it has compiled its real-world findings to develop benchmarks for employee and management engagement scores across North America.
Client has become a pioneer in employee research and works with some of the world’s leading companies in the technology, healthcare, financial services, retail and government sectors. With their accumulated expertise and customized tools, organizations can measure, manage, and improve performance to compete more effectively.
Scope of Position
Reporting to the President & CEO, the Vice President - Consulting Services will lead an emerging consulting practice possessing the skill to grow a business from the ground up. He/she will have immediate P&L responsibility and over time will become an integral part of the management team. The individual should have a broad business and management background based on experience as a consultant or from an operational role as a successful senior executive in a number of companies. He/she will be expected to interpret the reports and communicate the finding to the executive team in terms that are relevant to the customer’s business. Working with Company's clients to develop a post survey action plan the candidate will have the competencies to facilitate the resolution or have access to a network of consultants that can work with the companies to resolve the issues.
- Provide analysis and insight to employee survey results that go beyond the “bar charts”, to provide “grey hair” perspective to clients reviewing their survey results;
- Presents survey results to the client’s executive team and actively identifies opportunities for Company. Consulting to help the client with issue clarification (through focus groups/interviews) and action planning;
- Designs and facilitates focus groups and/or interviews to provide clarity to employee survey results and to engage employees in identifying solutions to workplace issues;
- Facilitates executive team action planning, crafting an action plan that will deliver the greatest value and is manageable given the limited resources of every organization;
- In situations where Company has the expertise and capacity, continue to work with the client on organization change initiatives - otherwise help the client identify capable consulting resources through Company’s strategic partner relationships;
- Write reports summarizing employee feedback and suggestions, analyzing all of the available data, and providing guidance on best practices that will address workplace issues;
- Partners with Company Sales to identify client needs, and participates as required in sales presentations to explain/promote Company’s consulting expertise;
- Present Company research, best practices, tips ,tactics and client cases on webinars, speaking events and lunch and learns to audiences of various size;
- Responsible for the profitability and growth of the emerging Company Consulting practice;
Preferred Experience / Education
The following indicates specific industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and performance deliverables.
- Broad Business Experience: you understand how value is created in a business or organization and you understand business principles, you have worked for at least 10 years in a corporate environment for a top, well managed firm and you have an additional 5+ years management consulting experience
- An undergraduate degree with an appropriate discipline; MBA, Ph.D. or other related Master’s Degree would be considered an asset
- Executive Presence: you are comfortable interacting with and influencing executives
- Employee Research: you have experience with and understand the role that employee surveys or employee research can play transforming and improving the workplace
- Broad HR Background: you have worked with or have had exposure to Human Resources and you have a sound understanding of most of the major HR disciplines and how they fit together to impact a business. You have a strong understanding of workplace issues, employee engagement, and change transformation issues
- Change Leadership: you have a strong knowledge of change leadership principles, processes and techniques, and are able to apply this knowledge to a variety of client situations
- Analytical and Numerate: you can analyze data in non-standard ways, you have a good grasp of statistical concepts, and you are adept at translating and presenting data
- Facilitation: you are adept at facilitating groups to gather information, brainstorm, solve problems and converge on decisions/solutions
- Communication: you have very strong written and verbal communication skills and are able to develop written documents that convey complex ideas and concepts. You are comfortable presenting to groups that range from executive teams to all-employee meetings. French speaking and writing is also an asset but not required.
- Selling: while this position does not have primary responsibility for sales, there is a requirement that this position will partner with the Sales Consultant and provide assistance in selling Company products and solutions. The successful candidate should be comfortable spending 10-30% of his/her time on sales and marketing activities.
Remuneration & Benefits
- Competitive Base Salary + Variable Incentive Compensation + benefits