Industry Trade Association: Director Marketing & Communications
THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
About the Client
Client is the national trade association representing solar energy companies operating across Canada. As part of its mission, as a national, not-for-profit association, Client works on behalf of its members to facilitate and promote the responsible and sustainable growth of solar energy across Canada.
Scope of Position
Reporting to the Vice President, the Director, Marketing and Communications is responsible for the development and implementation of Client's marketing and communications strategy, in support of the Association’s strategic objectives and its other functional groups. Client's marketing and communications analysis and programs encompass activities to enable the continued growth of Canada’s solar industries through further building awareness of solar energy and its value proposition. They also cover activities which further build Client's brand through showcasing its vital policy and advocacy initiatives and the value-added products and services it provides its membership.
Client's marketing and communications programs target a wide range of stakeholders (e.g. existing and prospective association members and partners, multi-tier governmental staff, regulators, the general public, etc.), through an appropriate mix of traditional and digital marketing channels. In addition to national, provincial, and regional brand building, this role also leads the marketing and communications support of Client's government relations, policy development, and membership services functions.
Client is located at 150 Isabella Street, Suite 605, Ottawa, Ontario
Duties and Responsibilities:
As both a direct contributor and through leading a team:
- further develop and manage Client's marketing and comms: strategy, plan, and budget
- lead, develop, and manage the marketing and communications team, instilling a strong sense of empowerment
- proactively contribute to the association’s strategic planning process and on-going activities, through monitoring and internally disseminating relevant solar energy and other energy-related material, adding value through analysis as appropriate
- efficiently and effectively lead the strategy and implementation of integrated marketing programs which: 1- further builds solar energy’s awareness, reinforces its market position, and elicits positive impressions, to a broad but targeted stakeholder base and 2- further establishes Client's brand, highlighting vital advocacy initiatives and value-added products and service offerings to existing and prospective members
- plan, measure, and track the success and financial performance of programs and campaigns
- develop key messages tailored to the target audiences (e.g. industry members, government and energy stakeholders, business and trade media, general public, etc.)